PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Thank You Note Question

elbenn
06-01-2011, 02:45 PM
If you write a thank you note to a teacher, do you usually write it on behalf of your child and sign their name or do you write it from your perspective and sign it? This is for a pre-school teacher.

LMPC
06-01-2011, 02:53 PM
For their holiday gifts, I wrote the card from DD. But for the end of the year card (when I wanted them to know how much *I* appreciated them), I wrote it from my perspective. I think either way the sentiment comes across that you are grateful.

SnuggleBuggles
06-01-2011, 03:05 PM
I write them from our family's POV (mine, really).

Beth

carolinamama
06-01-2011, 03:57 PM
I've always written from the pov of the parents and how much we appreciate their care for our kids. This year DS1 can write well and I am expecting him to write a note in addition, especially since he has had the same teachers for the past 2 years and will be moving on to K this fall. And they are wonderful teachers!

baymom
06-01-2011, 04:31 PM
I've always written them on behalf of DH and me. This year, DS has been able to write his own notes to his teacher (at X-mas time, her b-day and teacher appreciation week) so he has done his own. Still, for Teacher Appreciation, I included a note from DH and me and plan to again for End-Of-Year. We ADORE his teacher! DD is in preschool and I wrote the notes to her teachers (from DH & me).

traciann
06-01-2011, 05:54 PM
I wrote a note of thanks from me, and dd wrote her note in the book she gave her teachers. DD is in kinder so she can write, but in your case (preschool) I would write it from you.

Cam&Clay
06-01-2011, 06:01 PM
From me.