PDA

View Full Version : Need a non toxic (not made in China) doll for baby

ChristinaLucia
06-01-2011, 06:35 PM
DD2 loves a plastic-y little baby doll from FP. I would rather have something not made in China for her to drag around, hopefully as non-toxic as possible. Does anyone have any suggestions? She is 10 months old. I am trying to nip it in the bud before she gets too attached.

Thanks!

smiles33
06-01-2011, 07:01 PM
We love Corolle, but I think some are MIC even though it's a French brand. They closed all their French factories in 04, though I think SOME might still be made in Spain.

If you're ok with fabric dolls, there are some cute ones on Etsy (mostly American and Canadian sellers in my experience).

Jenn27
06-01-2011, 10:16 PM
We love our Camden Doll from Camden Rose! DD also
has a Haba doll that's really cute. Both are soft and washable.

LearningAsWeGo
06-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Crocheted, but super cute and funky - bla bla kids dolls.

ChristinaLucia
06-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions! I am going to order one of the Corolle dolls that are made in Spain - I would rather she have a fabric doll, but I am trying to replace the one she already loves.

And thanks LearningAsWeGo - I forgot that we have a bla bla doll from my first DD! They are so cute - hopefully she will like to carry it around!

Seitvonzu
06-03-2011, 09:04 AM
only a few of the corolle dolls are made in spain-- i think four? so if you are really picky about this, be sure the SPECIFIC doll you want is made in spain (so far i've found mention of "4" and two are the redhead vanilla doll & one of the 17" babies (which is pretty big and larger than a standard FP doll.... i'm sure they are 14"? ) 17" is a pretty big baby for a young toddler. (i worked in a doll store and moms and grandmas were always so excited to buy BIG babies and then came back for 12" corolles because the kiddos weren't ready for the bigger dolls!)

Seitvonzu
06-03-2011, 09:11 AM
should have poked around on the live and learn site a little more (that is such a good corolle source and they are really nice and helpful in general)--- it looks like the 4 dolls are two versions of the "cheri" (20 inches), the nourisson (17 inches) and then the one redheaded vanilla doll (14" preschooler doll with hair). i would say that the 3 baby dolls are too big...the "cheris" are able to wear 3 month old baby clothes-- that's better for an older child....a toddler might even be "scared" of a doll like that. (i have a baby doll that is similarly sized and my child will have NOTHING to do with it , even at 3.5 :) have fun! ;) the re-used blahblah sounds like a great choice to me!