PDA

View Full Version : Do you give DC a bath...

luli13
06-01-2011, 07:31 PM
... after every swim? First year we have a pool and DD has been swimming everyday. I have given her a bath every night but I really don't want to tonight! Those with kids who swim frequently, what do you do?

SnuggleBuggles
06-01-2011, 07:33 PM
I don't. I don't shower every time either. If it irritated their skin then I would but they do fine. We probably should but we just don't

Beth

wellyes
06-01-2011, 07:53 PM
May as well get used to it - I don't like giving baths every day either but it's sunscreen season soon, and I always want to watch that stuff off.

hillview
06-01-2011, 07:58 PM
I do most of the time but there are days when we don't sometimes days in a row ... :bag:
/hillary

wimama
06-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Our pool has showers. After swim lessons, I shower DS hair off with some shampoo/body wash and have him rinse off and call it good. When we go to open swim we walk home all wet and all shower when we get home. He gets dirty enough to require a bath almost every night anyway.

SkyrMommy
06-01-2011, 08:52 PM
...but it's sunscreen season soon, and I always want to watch that stuff off.

:yeahthat: I hate to leave any residue on DD's skin and will at least do a quick shower with a bit of soap on a washcloth to clean everything off. Plus showers/baths let me do a good bug/tick check on her.

R2sweetboys
06-01-2011, 09:08 PM
In the summer, the pool IS the bath half the time! My boys don't seem to mind. :ROTFLMAO:

daniele_ut
06-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Are you talking kiddie pool in the backyard, or swimming at the community pool? If the kids swim in the kiddie pool, that's generally their bath for the day. When they come home covered in chlorine from the local pool, they get a bath.

bnme
06-01-2011, 09:20 PM
In the summer, the pool IS the bath half the time! My boys don't seem to mind. :ROTFLMAO:

Something like that. We always shower after the beach (and usally a real shower, not just a hop in the pool...

I try to have them shower at least every other day but sometimes I just don't have the energy or I forget. I imagine as they get older (maybe even this year) it will become more of a must. But now it is less work for me so I may just enforce it, LOL!

daisymommy
06-01-2011, 09:26 PM
If they have sunscreen on them or swim in a chlorinated pool, then absolutely yes. I don't want the chemicals to continue to soak into their body all night long.

If it's a kiddie pool or the ocean beach (not the lake!), then no.

carolinamama
06-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Yes we have to. DS1 has sensitive skin and needs to have the chlorine rinsed off. It may just be a quick jump in the shower to rinse though.

doberbrat
06-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Yup after every swim/water session. Stream, ocean, kiddie pool, sprinkler, indoor pool whatever. outdoors, they have sunscreen on, get muddy whatever. Indoor, I dont want chlorine sittin in their hair/skin.

ellies mom
06-01-2011, 10:26 PM
I like to rinse their hair to keep their curls nice so they get rinsed off in the shower when we leave the pool but I wouldn't considering bathing.

eagle
06-01-2011, 10:37 PM
it may not be feasible if hes not around, etc, but if hes around, have your dh do it!!!

ilfaith
06-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Something like that. We always shower after the beach (and usally a real shower, not just a hop in the pool...

I try to have them shower at least every other day but sometimes I just don't have the energy or I forget. I imagine as they get older (maybe even this year) it will become more of a must. But now it is less work for me so I may just enforce it, LOL!

During the fall/winter/early spring, when they swim two or three times a week we usually shower/bathe on the days we have swim lessons/practice...but this time of year the kids are in the pool just about every day and they still only bathe every couple of days. Yes their bodies are probably covered with chlorine and sunscreen, but it's only after the beach, when they are also full of salt and grit, that they will always get a shower or bath.

HonoluluMom
06-02-2011, 12:39 PM
DD gets a bath as soon as we get home from the pool or beach.

If she just plays in her kiddie pool, then a regular bath at night.

BabbyO
06-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Generally yes, because we swim in a lake. But if it's just the kiddie pool in the back yard...nah.

Chlorinated pool...I probably should, but I guess it just depends. We've only been in chlorinated pools about 4-5 times in his life. I think he's gotten a bath afterward half of those times.

scrooks
06-02-2011, 12:46 PM
May as well get used to it - I don't like giving baths every day either but it's sunscreen season soon, and I always want to watch that stuff off.

UGH! I know...we are 2 times a week bathers in the winter....their skin gets so dry otherwise! Now with the sunscreen...i have to put it in their hair because they are super blonde....it's a bath almost every night....

The other night when they were in the kiddie pool we actually soaped up their heads outside and rinsed them with the hose to get the greasy sunscreen film out....