PDA

View Full Version : How many kids for a turning 6 bowling party?

hillview
06-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Can you give me a sense of what is appropriate for a bowling party in terms of number of kids. We have about 7 kids around the neighborhood we would invite and then some group of kids from school. DS1's bday is over the summer so we get a lower turn out. How many lanes and how many kids?

I am an idiot on this since we've always done the backyard bounce house party.
TIA!
/hillary

SnuggleBuggles
06-01-2011, 08:01 PM
That's already more kids than I would have said. My number was 6 and my high number would be 10. That way you can get away with 2 lanes but not a lot of waiting around/ being bored.

Beth

hillview
06-01-2011, 08:19 PM
That's already more kids than I would have said. My number was 6 and my high number would be 10. That way you can get away with 2 lanes but not a lot of waiting around/ being bored.

Beth

Ok thanks. Likely we will have 3 local kids come ... hummm it is hard to sort out the yield -- how many to invite to end up with 6.

clc053103
06-01-2011, 08:27 PM
I went to two turning 6 bowling parties this year, both invited the entire class of 20 plus a few relatives/neighbors. I believe the total was 4 lanes of 4 or 5 kids each. Most, but not all, of the parents stayed. It was a birthday party mill there, so the place was dark and had at least 10 parties going on, though every party had their own helpers which kept things organized. If you aren't going to encourage parent to say, I would shrink the group considerably!

I just invited 16 boys to a mid June last week of school b day party for ds's 6 th and 12 are coming, if that gives you an idea of turnout.