PDA

View Full Version : Need video monitor that scans 2 rooms

purple
06-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Know of a good one? Our kids will be on a different floor, separate rooms, and I'd like a monitor with two cameras that will automatically monitor both without me having to get up and flip a switch. Any recs or reviews?

CharlotteMommy
06-02-2011, 12:45 PM
We are expecting #2 in September, and have been considering upgrading to video monitors. We will also need a system that will automatically switch between two rooms. I have begun to research, and I *think* the following models will switch between cameras as you have requested --

Phillips Avent
Safety First Prism Handheld
Summer Infant Baby Touch Digital
Summer Infant Best View
Summer Infant Sleek & Secure Multiview

Again, I have just started my research, so I may be incorrect in some of the systems in the list above, but at least it's a good place to start. Hopefully some others will chime in with confirmation of capabilities and reviews. HTH! GL!

purple
06-05-2011, 04:05 AM
We are expecting #2 in September, and have been considering upgrading to video monitors. We will also need a system that will automatically switch between two rooms. I have begun to research, and I *think* the following models will switch between cameras as you have requested --

Phillips Avent
Safety First Prism Handheld
Summer Infant Baby Touch Digital
Summer Infant Best View
Summer Infant Sleek & Secure Multiview

Again, I have just started my research, so I may be incorrect in some of the systems in the list above, but at least it's a good place to start. Hopefully some others will chime in with confirmation of capabilities and reviews. HTH! GL!

Thank you so much for this list! I was at the store last weekend and was really surprised none of the monitors in stock had this feature. Now I just need to compare all the other features, I wish summer's website had an easy compare chart, I can't figure out the major differences between all these monitors. Thank you again!

CharlotteMommy
06-05-2011, 01:47 PM
You are welcome. I am curious which one you choose and which features sway you one way or the other. I'd love to know your opinion of the one you buy once you've used it for a bit too.

purple
06-15-2011, 04:12 AM
Well we went with the Summer infant baby touch from your list. I haven't bought the second camera yet because #2 hasn't yet arrived. So far there is a lot to like about it, I really like that you can pan the camera remotely and love that there's no static. I picked this one mostly because of the larger 3.5 inch screen.

We previously had a Summer Day and Night and actually miss it's 5 inch screen even though it had more static. But I don't think digital monitors come with a screen larger than 3.5 inches, at least I haven't seen one. I also find the volume controls on the baby touch to be a bit low, we usually have it on the highest setting and have to strain to hear if in a noisy room. Our old monitor was probably too sensitive but I got used to being able to hear the baby breathing.

But overall I think it was a good purchase. Definitely pricey however, especially with the second camera.

CharlotteMommy
06-26-2011, 09:45 PM
I just added the Baby Touch to our registry. This one consistently had the highest reviews of the 3 Summer Infant monitors on my list. While many reveiwers indicated that the video quality was sufficient, there were some remarks of poor video quality compared to other models on the market. Despite this concern, we decided to go with the Baby Touch, considering all the other features that this monitor has to offer.

BayGirl2
06-27-2011, 07:55 PM
We've had the sleek N secure for almost 2 years and I'm getting ready to add a 2nd camera. No problems with it, the picture is as good as any I've seen.