PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of hemorrhoids, do they ever go away?

bisous
06-02-2011, 03:59 PM
This is TMI I know but I have a hemorrhoid and I'm not happy about it. It doesn't hurt per se but I'd like to get rid of it all the same. I don't think that being pregnant right now is helping things out at all.

My midwife mentioned that it isn't a big deal. She didn't say much about treatment. I just wondered if I'm really vigilant if it will ever go away?

TIA!

ray7694
06-02-2011, 04:05 PM
The wonderful ones I received after labor never went away but they don't bother me.

lhafer
06-02-2011, 05:06 PM
The wonderful ones I received after labor never went away but they don't bother me.

:yeahthat: They don't bother me unless they get engorged. I will need surgery to have them removed.

DebbieJ
06-02-2011, 10:20 PM
They do not go away and I was told by my urogynecologist to NOT pursue surgery to remove them unless they were REALLY bad.

SnuggleBuggles
06-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Hmm, I think mine went away?? Maybe they just aren't flared up anymore? They used to be consistently present but the past few months they seem to be gone.

Beth

gatorsmom
06-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Hmm, I think mine went away?? Maybe they just aren't flared up anymore? They used to be consistently present but the past few months they seem to be gone.

Beth

:yeahthat: Mine flare up maybe once a year? And I don't know what causes them to flare suddenly. But the rest of the year it doesn't bother me.

twowhat?
06-02-2011, 10:39 PM
I don't think they ever really go away - they're there and will inflame when they get irritated. Ugh. I got mine from straining to poop after giving birth. I don't think I pooped for DAYS. Even with the stool softener. Ugh. Both my parents have had surgery for hemorrhoids...I see a bleak future for me...

WatchingThemGrow
06-02-2011, 10:58 PM
A friend had surgery and said it went well. She said she wasn't "advertising" the fact that she was going in for that surgery, but I told her to let me know how it went. Sadly, I associate mine with DS2 since I didn't have them until pushing his fat self out...and he's nearly 2. :( Maybe they are in remission right now, though...

waitingforgrace
06-02-2011, 11:22 PM
They do not go away and I was told by my urogynecologist to NOT pursue surgery to remove them unless they were REALLY bad.

:yeahthat: it's possible to not have a flare up often, if ever again, but they are technically still there.