PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Afternoon Pot-Luck

4Myluvbugs
06-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Someone at my work is throwing an open-house type retirement party for my boss. It's from 1-4 in the afternoon (with people coming and going throughout) and they've asked everyone at work to bring something. The invitation said finger foods, dips, desserts, etc. Any good suggestions of something yummy, yet not too labor intensive for this type of thing?

J

SoloMelody
06-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Just had a tea party with finger foods. menu had tea sandwiches (1 regular sandwich cut in four) with different types of fillings, mini banana bread, aussie bites from costco, melon balls, crackers and cookies (all mini).

Banana bread was the easiest and I made it way ahead of time and froze it.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/extreme-banana-nut-bread-ebnb/Detail.aspx

Sandwiches were a little more laborious but hearty and filling.

How many people expected?

bigsis
06-02-2011, 09:42 PM
How about a layered dip? Refried beans, sour cream, shredded cheese, tomatoes, green onions, anything you like.

Also, nachos? You can buy a big can of nacho cheese at Smart & Final, put it in a crockpot and put a bag of chips with it. Sounds disgusting, but it disappears like crazy. You can even add on to that if you want.

waitingforgrace
06-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Fruit tray
Cheese ball or cheese slices and crackers

crl
06-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Block of cream cheese with fruit salsa poured on top. Serve with tortilla chips.

Grapes, washed and snipped into bunches

Watermelon, cut into thin wedges so people can eat them without forks (only if it is very casual)

Pita chips and hummus. Could add carrots, etc.

Pan of butterscotch brownies. Super easy to make and people are always telling me they have never had them and how good they are.

Catherine