PDA

View Full Version : What should I look for when buying an Ipad off Craigs List?

CharlotteMommy
06-02-2011, 09:05 PM
I am considering buying a used Ipad off Craigs List for my husband for Father's Day. Obviously I need to check out the condition and make sure the thing turns on. I also want to be sure that all accessories are included (I know there are two chargers, any other accessories?). What else should check out before making this expensive purchase from a stranger? Thank you!

jenfromnj
06-02-2011, 09:21 PM
This doesn't exactly answer your question, so I apologize, but have you considered a refurbished one directly from Apple, Verizon or AT&T? I know a few people have gotten good deals that way, and you'd have a bit more assurance that it's in good shape, as well as protection if something went wrong.

hellokitty
06-02-2011, 09:35 PM
This doesn't exactly answer your question, so I apologize, but have you considered a refurbished one directly from Apple, Verizon or AT&T? I know a few people have gotten good deals that way, and you'd have a bit more assurance that it's in good shape, as well as protection if something went wrong.

:yeahthat:

DietCokeLover
06-02-2011, 09:42 PM
I would be so scared to make that kind of purchase on CL.

liz
06-02-2011, 10:41 PM
I would be so scared to make that kind of purchase on CL.

:yeahthat:. I think this is one of those scenarios where going to an authorized dealer is your best bet.

CharlotteMommy
06-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanks for your input. I have looked into the refurb option through Apple, and have decided to go that route. For a little bit more money, I'll get peace of mind with my purchase and won't have to worry if anything goes wrong.

Melaine
06-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Really nice father's day gift....my refurb Ipad has been just like new, so I think you made the right choice.

mackmama
06-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Is the iPad 2 available as a refurb yet? I'm thinking about it for a father's day gift too.

CharlotteMommy
06-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Refurb'd Ipad 2 is not yet available. The CS rep with whom I communicated online says that they don't know when they're available until the product actually shows up on the Apple website. HTH!