PDA

View Full Version : "Do you still need to POOOOOOOOOOP?"

MamaSnoo
06-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Yes, that was my DH shouting to me just outside of gate B4 today at Hartsfield-Jackon International Airport in my hometown, Atlanta, GA. So, if you heard him (and you are not alone), that was him.mine.my husband.

Vacation cannot end soon enough.

wellyes
06-02-2011, 10:05 PM
:rotflmao:
I was all prepared to enjoy a potty training BP. Thank you for the laugh!

Clarity
06-02-2011, 10:07 PM
:hysterical:

WatchingThemGrow
06-02-2011, 10:14 PM
oh. my. gosh. And more than once, I've encountered random high school friends at that airport. It's a hub, so everyone's there!

Well, did you still need to?

(You'll enjoy this...I let one in the van last week while taking DD home from ballet. She said, "Oh no, I smell a dirty diaper. Is that YOU mom? Oh wait, do you have to beep (her euphemism for poop) and are you going to be able to hold it until we get home?" Thank goodness it was just the two of us.

liz
06-02-2011, 10:48 PM
oh, man. That's terrible, lol :rotflmao:

Did he think he was talking to your DC?? goodness, he deserves a :6:

infomama
06-02-2011, 11:01 PM
:hysterical: I'm dying here....

LearningAsWeGo
06-02-2011, 11:03 PM
I had to read that one twice before realizing it was your DH and not your DC!
:hysterical:

LexyLou
06-02-2011, 11:12 PM
HYSTERICAL!:rotflmao:

gatorsmom
06-02-2011, 11:23 PM
I would have pretended I wasn't with him and didn't know him.

DietCokeLover
06-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Oh. My. Gracious.

That man totally forgot himself. Hysterical! :rotflmao:

ha98ed14
06-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Men are so dumb sometimes! Think of it this way, at least you don't travel for work! ;)

HannaAddict
06-03-2011, 01:03 AM
Do people actually discuss, even privately, needing to you know what with spouses or others? News to me . . . I would have run the other way. I must be repressed.

gatorsmom
06-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Do people actually discuss, even privately, needing to you know what with spouses or others? News to me . . . I would have run the other way. I must be repressed.

I had to laugh at the bolded part because even the title thread used the word POOP. But I have to say that I am with you. If we were in public somewhere and I needed to use the restroom, that's what I'd tell my DH. Actually, I am never specific about using the bathroom, at home or in public. The only reason I'd say that I need to use the restroom is so that he could help me look for one. Just the way I was raised.

ha98ed14
06-03-2011, 12:03 PM

I used to be like this, but ever since DD started standing outside the CLOSED door listening to tell whether we were going number 1 or 2, and then announcing it loudly, it's been harder to be so repressed! I actually gave her the death look in the Target bathroom yesterday and said if she said it, there would be consequences!

LMPC
06-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the laugh on the end of a loooong week! :hysterical:

JTsMom
06-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Ohhh, was that you?!? :hysterical: Just kidding. I would have melted into the floor. The joke in my family is "Lori doesn't poop".

firemama
06-03-2011, 03:24 PM
:hysterical: so funny! I had to read it twice to realize it was your DH that said it. Was he trying to be funny? I would have been mortified too, but it's a funny story. I think I would have pretended I didn't know him.

BabbyO
06-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Can I pay my FIL to do this to my MIL?! She needs to be less repressed...and if I could ever see something like this happen to her...the look on her face would be worth a million!

DH and I joke that she poops rabbit sized poop and it smells like roses! :) DH and I are more like regular people.

As for discussing with DH...well, I am a wastewater engineer after all...this is what I do, deal with other people's poop, it would be weird if I couldn't talk about my own.

hellokitty
06-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Lol, your DH needs to try out to be the new Phillips' spokes person, he's like that obnoxious lady on the commercials who is always talking about someone else's bowel habits to everyone else.

StantonHyde
06-07-2011, 01:07 AM
I now have to announce that I am going poop just so DH will leave me ALONE in the bathroom. I swear--he is as bad as the kids. Never needs me till I am on the pot. Yes, I realize the kids come in but YOU don't need to!!!! And the only reason I interrupt you is because your bathroom visits take at least 20 minutes!! Fer crying out loud--he could get a LOT more done in the day if could cut down on his potty time!

Reyadawnbringer
06-07-2011, 06:09 AM
I now have to announce that I am going poop just so DH will leave me ALONE in the bathroom. I swear--he is as bad as the kids. Never needs me till I am on the pot. Yes, I realize the kids come in but YOU don't need to!!!! And the only reason I interrupt you is because your bathroom visits take at least 20 minutes!! Fer crying out loud--he could get a LOT more done in the day if could cut down on his potty time!

Omg, :yeahthat: this is totally us.

crayonblue
06-07-2011, 10:36 AM

Does he take his phone, laptop, etc. in the bathroom with him? I get ANNOYED by the half hour bathroom breaks DH takes so that he can tweet, facebook, check his fav blogs, etc. I told him that once and of course he says, "But you waste time on the computer too!" To which I replied, "I wait until the kids are napping. I don't camp out in the bathroom on my phone to escape from them!" (Even though I would love to do that....)