PDA

View Full Version : Best Photobook Site for Inviting Others to Purchase?

SweetTooth
06-03-2011, 01:23 AM
Does anyone have any input/advice on which photobook site offers a good way to share the book with others so they can view and/or purchase? The thing is, I would only want to share this one photobook and not other books or photos in my account. Is there a way to do that? I'm not very experienced in how photo sites work so any info is appreciated! Is there a link you share with others? Is it password protected?

Great quality books are more of a priority than cost.
Thanks in advance for any input.

candaceb
06-03-2011, 07:06 AM
We have a Shutterfly Share site set up, and I post photobooks there for my mom and MIL to buy. They can only see the albums/photobooks that I specifically post there.

sweet_pea
06-03-2011, 08:30 AM
I second the recommendation for Shutterfly. Their share sites are great and easy to set up (you can password-protect it), but you don't even have to set one up to share your photo book. Their easiest option is to e-mail a link to your project after you're finished with it. Just click on the "share" button after you've previewed the photo book and it will ask you if you want to post your book to a share site or to e-mail a link to it (and after your family views it, they will be able to purchase it). Hope this helps!

larig
06-03-2011, 10:25 AM
blurb works well for that too, in fact it is used by authors who publish their books independently. I use blurb when I want more control over the layouts and want to include lots of text or have a really long book.

BabyBearsMom
06-03-2011, 10:28 AM
We have a Shutterfly Share site set up, and I post photobooks there for my mom and MIL to buy. They can only see the albums/photobooks that I specifically post there.

:yeahthat: And you can secure it so only people you invite can see it! I am a big fan! Plus the prints are super cheap.

SweetTooth
06-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Thank you for your input! A follow-up question...it looks like on shutterfly that if you share a photobook, the person can view & order it, but they can also save it into their own account and thus change the book and share it with others. Does anyone know of a photo site that allows you to share your photobook for viewing and purchasing only (no altering or forwarding of the book)?

candaceb
06-12-2011, 02:44 PM
If you use a shutterfly share site (different than just going into your regular shutterfly account and sharing a photobook by emailing it), you can set the permissions so that members of the site cannot edit things.

http://www.shutterfly.com/nav/signedOutShare.sfly