PDA

View Full Version : Magic Powder-love love love!!!!!!!

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
06-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Ok, this is a little personal (Bill, close this thread, right now) but some friends told me about this for bikini hair removal and it is Amazing stuff. Just mix up little paste, lock the bathroom door and 6 minutes later, voila!!! Cheap and really, really good!

Jo..
06-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Laughing my butt off.

I also use Magic Powder based on a friend's rec. It is indeed MAGIC. Way better than Nair, etc. It is marketed to black men to eliminate razor bumps, but it works wonders on the hair down there.

No bumps, no ingrowns, and baby smooth.

It stinks really bad though (it made my kids cry when they went in the bathroom after I used it) so I recommend the fragrant formula. The other ones smell like egg farts.

lizzywednesday
06-03-2011, 03:06 PM
How do its ingredients compare to something like Nair or Veet?

I am allergic to depilatory creams, but haven't exactly figured out what ingredients are causing the problems. (I get hot rashes every time I use either Nair or Veet.)

Jo..
06-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Dunno the ingredients but I also break out when using Nair etc. By the time the hair dissolves I am a rashy mess. Magic Powder is magic. Poof. No more hair in 5 minutes, no rash.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
06-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Laughing my butt off.

I also use Magic Powder based on a friend's rec. It is indeed MAGIC. Way better than Nair, etc. It is marketed to black men to eliminate razor bumps, but it works wonders on the hair down there.

No bumps, no ingrowns, and baby smooth.

It stinks really bad though (it made my kids cry when they went in the bathroom after I used it) so I recommend the fragrant formula. The other ones smell like egg farts.

You may be laughing, but I am silky smooth!

daisymommy
06-03-2011, 03:11 PM
So, where is it safe to apply this stuff?
Around the edges of your bikini-line, so that nothing sticks out/shows when wearing a swim suit?
Or all over, total hair removal down there? :shy:.

maestramommy
06-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Around the edges of your bikini-line, so that nothing sticks out/shows when wearing a swim suit?

And where can one get some of this Magic Powder? ;)

Jo..
06-03-2011, 03:14 PM

I do it everywhere. Any hair between my knees and belly button (front and back) gets removed.

I'd be more explicit but I am afraid Bill is reading. :tongue5:

cntrymoon2
I am in intrigued! Which type do you use? And you use it like a depilatory- or you shave with it?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=magic+powder&x=0&y=0

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom

According to friends that are far more bold than I , it is pretty much good for everything. Just don't let your kids walk in on this, however, this is the kind of thing that could ruin them for life.

Jo..
06-03-2011, 03:15 PM
And where can one get some of this Magic Powder? ;)

Walmart, Target, Sally's, Amazon

Jo..
06-03-2011, 03:18 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WWSOlQyxL._AA300_.jpg

JBaxter
06-03-2011, 03:33 PM

Oh Surprise Mr. Daisymommy ;) ( but both can be achieved just dont get crazy)

And its crazy CHEAP

maestramommy
06-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Do you think it would work for underarms? Or is the skin too sensitive there?

daisymommy
06-03-2011, 03:39 PM
So I take it it doesn't burn when you rinse it off in the shower? I think you get the point I'm trying to make....
Wow, I'm getting really bold here asking these questions ;)

Melaine
06-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Wow...this is tempting. I have SUPER sensitive skin and get irritated so easily, but I might give this a try.

Jo..
06-03-2011, 03:43 PM
If it doesn't hurt my snatch, it won't hurt your armpits.:hysterical:

Jo..
06-03-2011, 03:44 PM
PS you do not rinse it off you SCRAPE it off with a plastic knife or your husband's library card.

JBaxter
My grocery store has it in the ethnic hair care isle. It was 1.37!

Melaine
PS you do not rinse it off you SCRAPE it off with a plastic knife or your husband's library card.

:rotflmao: :hysterical:

infomama
06-03-2011, 03:45 PM
I wish I would have known this before I paid $40 for a wax a few weeks ago.

sidmand
06-03-2011, 03:48 PM

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything because I'm sure I would've snorted it back out. :ROTFLMAO:

gibas23
06-03-2011, 03:49 PM
i wonder if this qualifies as amazon mom baby item? love love this thread. I am so trying this. I always want to try the bare looks down there but just too shy to go for a wax job.

firemama
06-03-2011, 03:52 PM
You ladies are hilarious! I bought the cream and we tried it on DH's back, now he has red bumps all over. Target didn't have the powder when I got it. Guess I have to go to dreaded Wal-mart to get the powder?

I also used a washcloth to scrape his off, guess I should have used a plastic knife?

infomama
06-03-2011, 03:54 PM
I wonder how the formulation of the cream differs from the powder...red bumps are not good.

Jo..
06-03-2011, 03:57 PM
You ladies are hilarious! I bought the cream and we tried it on DH's back, now he has red bumps all over. Target didn't have the powder when I got it. Guess I have to go to dreaded Wal-mart to get the powder?

I also used a washcloth to scrape his off, guess I should have used a plastic knife?

Washcloths do not scrape. They rinse. You need to scrape.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
06-03-2011, 03:59 PM

Washing cloths are for scrubbing! Have you been used a plastic knife on your kids in the tub???

3isEnough
06-03-2011, 04:02 PM

I've been lurking here for a while but had to come out of the darkness to thank Jo for the line of the year (and thanks OP for the recommendation, I'm off to buy it on Amazon right now :applause:).

salsah
06-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Washing cloths are for scrubbing! Have you been used a plastic knife on your kids in the tub???

yup! i use a washcloth. i would not feel comfortable using a plastic knife in the area that i'm using the magic smooth cream.

i haven't tried the powder but i like the magic smooth cream (http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Smooth-Hair-Removing-Cream-3-Pack/dp/B004K4R5I2/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1307131276&sr=8-8).

JoyNChrist
06-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Love Magic! I've been using the powder for years. No irritation (and I use it everywhere), and it's so cheap!

FTMLuc
06-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Good thing I wasn't drinking anything because I'm sure I would've snorted it back out. :ROTFLMAO:

I was and it came back :hysterical:

I have been dreading the razor for a while now, but thanks to this thread, I will be trying magic powder this weekend.

Jo..
06-03-2011, 04:16 PM
I wish I would have known this before I paid $40 for a wax a few weeks ago.

After a few weeks, you are looking a little stubbly. Time for something new.

Puddy73
06-03-2011, 04:22 PM

That may be the funniest quote ever on BBB, especially when taken out of context.

Susan, thanks for the recommendation!

daisymommy
06-03-2011, 04:24 PM
PS you do not rinse it off you SCRAPE it off

:eek: Now I'm scared! How on earth?!

JBaxter
06-03-2011, 04:27 PM
:eek: Now I'm scared! How on earth?!

An old credit card works also. Jo was SERIOUS about using her DH's library card btw

niccig
06-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Why did it take you all so long to tell me about this. ;) I loathe shaving, and have worn swim shorts since teenager to avoid doing it.

So which aisle do you find this in at Target etc?

Jo..
06-03-2011, 04:37 PM
An old credit card works also. Jo was SERIOUS about using her DH's library card btw

I am loud

and PROUD.

and I do use my DH's library card to SCRAPE my bush.

Nu_mama
06-03-2011, 04:38 PM
And how long do you go in between applications?

Nu_mama
06-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Also, a quick search of Amazon shows extra strength red formula, the gold can, a white can, the cream that was mentioned, and a version with aloe & vitamin e (but that one doesn't have Prime available). Which version do you ladies use if you use the in the can powder?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=magic+powder

calv
06-03-2011, 04:40 PM
I am loud

and PROUD.

and I do use my DH's library card to SCRAPE my bush.

OMG this made my FRIDAY. My mothering group raves about thsi stuff and I"ve had it in he closet, probably expired by now, LOL. I love the quattro mens razor. I've always used/loved a mans razor oven any woman's razor. Myst try this stuff tonight. hopefully I wont burn myself w/expired stuff, LOL

Jo..
06-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Also, a quick search of Amazon shows extra strength red formula, the gold can, a white can, the cream that was mentioned, and a version with aloe & vitamin e (but that one doesn't have Prime available). Which version do you ladies use if you use the in the can powder?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=magic+powder
Get the gold can. Lesss stinky

Nu_mama
06-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Thrilled with this thread! I just bought the gold can and am looking forward to surprising DH I hate shaving certain areas and am too cheap to cough up the dough for a "thorough" wax job like I used to. ;)

Toba
06-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Anyone try it on their legs? And I'm guessing you have to use the magic powder more frequently than waxes, right? Since you're basically "shaving" the hair away?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
06-03-2011, 04:55 PM
I did use a bottle of water to spray and keep the areas damp, they are not supposed to dry.

AnnieW625
06-03-2011, 04:56 PM
I have used that before too and it works, but I still get razor burn from it so I just shave since I can't usually find 10-15 minutes alone in the bathroom unless I am in the shower. I remember being very embarrassed buying it at Rite Aid with DD1 in tow in her infant seat.

I bought the one with aloe in it and it's the only depilitory brand that doesn't make my skin itch like crazy (I believe this is due to using accutane many years ago as a teenager).

AngelaS
06-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Thread of the year! ROTFL

bubbaray
06-03-2011, 07:59 PM
So, is this a depilatory -- you put it on (powder? mixed into a paste) and then scrape? Or does it just dissolve the hair like Nair?

I will never look at a library card again without thinking of this thread....

twowhat?
06-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Someone seriously needs to post step-by-step instructions. Pretty please! I'm talking about my legs here, BTW.

maestramommy
06-03-2011, 10:10 PM
So, is this a depilatory -- you put it on (powder? mixed into a paste) and then scrape? Or does it just dissolve the hair like Nair?

I will never look at a library card again without thinking of this thread....

I believe you do have to scrape. It will not just dissolve and wash off with water.

Snow mom
06-03-2011, 11:55 PM
So does the scraping pull out the hair below the skin? I've never used nair either so I guess I don't fully understand the concept. Would love to know how long you can go between uses. My legs are generally HAIRY as I can't find the time to shave often enough. Was thinking of waxing for the summer but maybe I'll try this?

salsah
06-04-2011, 01:23 AM
So does the scraping pull out the hair below the skin? I've never used nair either so I guess I don't fully understand the concept. Would love to know how long you can go between uses. My legs are generally HAIRY as I can't find the time to shave often enough. Was thinking of waxing for the summer but maybe I'll try this?

i'm not sure how it works but it does not pull the hair out by the root. So it doesn't hurt and it doesn't last as long as waxing. but i think it does remove the hair from just under the skin. the first day it feels as smooth as it does with waxing. IME it lasted maybe a day or two longer than shaving. I've only tried the cream though, not sure if the powder is different.

MartiesMom2B
06-04-2011, 02:38 AM
If you use magic:

My tools: glass bowl, spoon, plastic knife, spray bottle, old credit card, raggedy hand towel

step 1: mix it as directed on the can. I have a special bowl and spoon that I use only for the magic. when it is mixed well you'll get a little bit of a runny consistency

step 2: use a plastic knife to apply (much like you would spread on cream cheese). I like to sit on the toilet and read a magazine while yelling, "Mommy needs privacy go watch your shows" for the 7 minutes it takes for the hair to disolve

step 3: use spray mist to keep it from drying out.

step 4: after time is up, use the old credit card to scrape off hair. You can tell when it's time to get it off. Then I use the hand towel (damp to get the rest off). Then I'll take a shower just to make sure all hair is off and I try to avoid getting soap in the magic'd area.

Voila- painless hair removal. Get the gold can, it doesn't smell that bad.

mudder17
06-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Do you think it would work for underarms? Or is the skin too sensitive there?

I was wondering the exact same thing! :D

vludmilla
06-04-2011, 11:26 AM
At first this sounded wonderful but now I am thinking I would need to do this every other day in the summer. Is that correct? How in the world do you find the time to do this every two days or so in the summer?

Jo..
06-04-2011, 12:11 PM
No, it lasts for a good long while. I am a hairy beast who needs to shave once daily and the next day I have stubble (and bumps). This stuff keeps me smooth for days and days...I'd say up to a week.

ETA I use the powder. I have heard much better things about it vs the cream

Jo..
06-04-2011, 12:13 PM
I was wondering the exact same thing! :D

Listen up ladies. What is more sensitive, your armpits or your cooch?

The answer here should be obvious. :ROTFLMAO:

vludmilla
06-04-2011, 12:25 PM
No, it lasts for a good long while. I am a hairy beast who needs to shave once daily and the next day I have stubble (and bumps). This stuff keeps me smooth for days and days...I'd say up to a week.

ETA I use the powder. I have heard much better things about it vs the cream

Thanks for this. I'm in for trying this if it lasts for several days, maybe even a week.

twowhat?
06-04-2011, 01:56 PM

This thread is intensely entertaining. I've gotta try this stuff for legs/pits.

misshollygolightly
06-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Ok, I'm definitely buying a can when I go to the drugstore tomorrow. Y'all have convinced me (and thoroughly entertained me in the process)!

WatchingThemGrow
06-05-2011, 12:04 AM
Ithe magic'd area.

I think this term needs to be in the BBB glossary :rotflmao:

Crud, I was in Target and forgot to look for it.

JoyNChrist
06-05-2011, 02:10 AM

Jo, you are killing me! I just laughed out loud and woke my husband up. ;)

But seriously y'all, I use it everywhere. I am hairless from the neck down. It has never irritated me anywhere (although for the sake of full disclosure, I don't usually use it on my legs, because shaving is quicker).

But yeah...I've never had any irritation or burning in any delicate places.

larig
06-05-2011, 11:40 AM
How did I miss this post yesterday. Hilarious. I'm totally going to try this! Thanks for the tip!

Snow mom
06-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Crud, I was in Target and forgot to look for it.

I picked up a can yesterday at Target. It was with the mens shaving stuff (which is in a different area than the womens shaving stuff.) The can was smaller than I had pictured (maybe 4" tall.) I did the backs of my legs behind and above the knee. I always have difficulty shaving this area so I thought it would be a good place to start. Seems to have worked fairly well, although I think there is a bit of a learning curve. The scent wasn't as terrible as I had envisioned.

Twin Mom
06-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Darn. Wish I had seen this thread before I went to Target today. I want to try this b/c I am tired of the bikini stubble from shaving.

WolfpackMom
06-05-2011, 08:45 PM
If you use magic:

My tools: glass bowl, spoon, plastic knife, spray bottle, old credit card, raggedy hand towel

step 1: mix it as directed on the can. I have a special bowl and spoon that I use only for the magic. when it is mixed well you'll get a little bit of a runny consistency

step 2: use a plastic knife to apply (much like you would spread on cream cheese). I like to sit on the toilet and read a magazine while yelling, "Mommy needs privacy go watch your shows" for the 7 minutes it takes for the hair to disolve

step 3: use spray mist to keep it from drying out.

step 4: after time is up, use the old credit card to scrape off hair. You can tell when it's time to get it off. Then I use the hand towel (damp to get the rest off). Then I'll take a shower just to make sure all hair is off and I try to avoid getting soap in the magic'd area.

Voila- painless hair removal. Get the gold can, it doesn't smell that bad.

Thank you! Im going to go hunt for this in Target tomorrow!

DrSally
06-05-2011, 10:23 PM
This thread is just too funny, esp. the library card bit.

Pear
06-05-2011, 10:33 PM
My CVS did not have it. I found the gold can at Target in the men's shaving section. It was on the bottom shelf and was kind of tucked in between some other things. It was very cheap and I am no very bare.

Bens Momma
06-06-2011, 02:14 PM

Point made Jo!!!!! :bowdown::bowdown:

This thread has been awesome! What a way to kick off summer.......now where is my library card?

Twoboos
06-06-2011, 02:15 PM
GAH! I just got back from Target and forgot to look for this!! Well, it's not like I won't be back there tomorrow... ;)

artvandalay
06-06-2011, 02:25 PM
:ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO:this thread is hilarious! That gold can reminds me of Comet bathroom cleaner.

I am so intrigued... I think I'm going to look for it

trentsmom
06-06-2011, 08:26 PM
I tried it this afternoon. So far, so good! It did take a long time to mix the powder into the water. And I used DH's old grocery store bonus card!

WolfpackMom
06-06-2011, 08:57 PM
I found a new use for my Borders card!!

This stuff is incredible! I have super sensitive skin and had no issues at all. I'm thrilled!

Twin Mom
06-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Picked it up today at Target. Did any of the first time users do a test patch like it says on the can? Just wondering if I should before I try it on the sensitive bikini area.

Thanks.

robinsmommy
06-07-2011, 02:48 PM

I'll have to let DH know that there is a new use for library cards that they will have to warn staff about....."if the card reeks of egg farts, do not handle, direct the patron to the self-check station......"

:hysterical:

BigDog
06-08-2011, 12:12 PM
My Target didn't have it, my Walmart didn't have it, finally found it at CVS - they had the gold can of powder for $2.99 and the tube of cream for $4.99. Got the powder, looking forward to trying it!

Kymberley
06-08-2011, 12:17 PM
My Walmart didn't have it either. Going to try Walgreens after DS's nap.

firemama
06-08-2011, 12:17 PM
My Target didn't have it, my Walmart didn't have it, finally found it at CVS - they had the gold can of powder for $2.99 and the tube of cream for $4.99. Got the powder, looking forward to trying it!

Ooh, that sounds overpriced. I bought the cream for around $2.50 and finally bought the gold can to try that instead, for $1.84 at Target. Did you look in the shave cream/razor section?

lablover
06-08-2011, 04:09 PM
I found the gold can at walgreens. Will try it out tomorrow!

Mermanaid
06-08-2011, 04:26 PM
After reading all the hype about this I had to try it. $1.77 at my Target (which looked suspiciously like fellow BBBers had been there since there were only three cans left on the shelf!). Am I the only one who managed to get it ALL over -- and I mean all over -- my bathroom?!

I do think there is a bit of a learning curve. I tried to do the whole leg at once. Won't make that mistake again. A section at a time!

infomama
06-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Worked like a charm! I mixed it in an old yogurt container and applied it with a little artists paintbrush. Misted it with water to keep it moist.

BigDog
06-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Ooh, that sounds overpriced. I bought the cream for around $2.50 and finally bought the gold can to try that instead, for $1.84 at Target. Did you look in the shave cream/razor section?

You're right, that was overpriced. I was in Wegmans today and I decided to check and see if they carried it. They had 3 different powders - the gold, the white, and a third one that I'm forgetting - all for $1.75, and they had the cream for $2.75. The powder worked amazingly but I decided to also get the cream to try since it was relatively cheap. I'll report back when I try it and let everyone here know if it works as well as the powder.

hellokitty
06-09-2011, 05:27 PM
I love this thread and I use my old petsmart card that we no longer use, b/c our dog died last yr. It worked like a charm, but Jo, I may have you beat in the hairy dept. Mine started growing back the very next day!?! I seriously have more hair on my body than DH does and have always hated that I'm practically a yeti, b/c I even have to epilady my arms on a regular basis. However, I am always the one who NEVER lasts as long as any of the directions for stuff like this.

WolfpackMom
06-09-2011, 07:16 PM
I love this thread and I use my old petsmart card that we no longer use, b/c our dog died last yr. It worked like a charm, but Jo, I may have you beat in the hairy dept. Mine started growing back the very next day!?! I seriously have more hair on my body than DH does and have always hated that I'm practically a yeti, b/c I even have to epilady my arms on a regular basis. However, I am always the one who NEVER lasts as long as any of the directions for stuff like this.

Don't feel bad, mine started growing back the next day and now I have some uncomfy ingrowns stinging in unmentionable areas....

robinsmommy
06-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Don't feel bad, mine started growing back the next day and now I have some uncomfy ingrowns stinging in unmentionable areas....

Ack. That was what I was hoping to avoid. I STILL remember the ingrown hairs on my bikini line I had when I waxed before my wedding - ouch.

I'll guess I wait and see what others chime in with regarding ingrown hairs before I run to the store.

anamika
06-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Picked it up today at Target. Did any of the first time users do a test patch like it says on the can? Just wondering if I should before I try it on the sensitive bikini area.

Thanks.
Yes, I did! Mostly because I have super sensitive skin and I was trying to forestall an awkward conversation trying to explain to the receptionist at the doctor's office about the rash on "my snatch" and how I got it!
Oh I actually did the test on a small patch in the aforementioned area! Better to know the worst.

PS: It worked great. Thanks Jo!

Melaine
06-10-2011, 12:45 PM
I found it at Walgreen but I'm nervous. I HATE ingrown hairs...maybe I will get brave (or bored) enough tonight to try.

hellokitty
06-10-2011, 01:54 PM

:yeahthat: Lol, and I am running my first 5K tomorrow like this AND it's supposed to rain too during the event. I shouldn't have done this until next wk, but oh well. Lesson learned. I do like how easily it works though, too bad I am a yeti.

pastrygirl
06-10-2011, 02:09 PM
I found it at Walgreen but I'm nervous. I HATE ingrown hairs...maybe I will get brave (or bored) enough tonight to try.The cream is AWFUL for me in terms of ingrowns/itching. I just found the powder and am willing to give it a try...

daphne
06-10-2011, 02:40 PM
What's the active ingredient? I'm guessing it's pretty safe? What would EWG say? ;)

dec756
06-12-2011, 08:41 AM
so i like to go completely bare down there and lately i find it wayyyy too painful to wax myself. saw this thread, got super excited.

ok so...my magic powder experience:

two days ago picked up a gold can and tried it....
my mixture was too thin and i was left with lots of hair

2nd attempt:
marvelous. i got the mixture into more of a "paste" and whoa.
i am converted for life.

follow the instructions and you will do fine!

i cannot believe i have never heard of this product until a few days ago. im a little bitter :)

mctlaw
06-12-2011, 08:56 AM
OK, I admit that I've been silently stalking this thread. But I'm a little concerned by Wolfpack mom's experience as I have coarse, fast growing hair. Could some you other new users report back on how it worked out for you a few days after using, pretty please :loveeyes:

Thank you!

Green_Tea
06-12-2011, 09:08 AM
I tried it. I guess that I am in the minority - while it did remove the hair, it didn't leave me smooth. I was stubbly from the get go. No ingrowns so far (today is day three, and it's definitely growing back). DH was not a fan of the look, so I won't be trying it again anytime soon. If I were to do it again, I would make sure I trimmed the hair pretty short before using it.

lmh2402
06-16-2011, 04:59 PM
ok, so i decided i had to try this b/c i do not shave "that area" - i only wax. and waxing has been such a pain lately b/c i feel like i never had enough child care coverage

so, this afteroon, while working from home. i figured i would give it a whirl

office on third floor. mix up concoction upstairs in office - there is a full bath up here. that way i am saving the rest of the house from anticipated fumes

while slathering, i realize it's just going to have to happen that i will stand naked from the waist down...in my office, answering emails...while waiting for the time to be up

then i start removing and quickly realize that this is definitely something that requires me to be standing in the shower

but i have no towel

and the doorbell starts ringing.

clearly, i ignored the doorbell, but did decide that i had to creep down to the second floor - while naked and holding jeans and panties like a shield. to go to our master bath and deal with the removal

thank god the nanny is out with DS. we have a lot of tree coverage, so i am hoping and praying no neighbors saw anything

in all, i'm impressed - the hair came right off. it absolutely does the job in a pinch.

but maybe my paste was too thin. i have hairs RIGHT below the surface that i could still tweeze if i tried. is that a normal result? or, if i had used a thicker/more potent paste, might it have removed the hairs a bit deeper?

thanks

ilfaith
06-20-2011, 03:13 PM
After discovering this thread last week I decided that I had to pick up some Magic Powder for myself, so I went to Target and picked up the very last can (perhaps some fellow BBBers had al but cleaned the place out). Haven't tried it yet. I'm waiting until Wednesday when I'll have the house to myself with all three boys at camp. It might be tough to explain to my two-year-old exactly what mommy is doing if he walks in on me scraping cream off my privates with an old credit card.

Twoboos
06-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Thank you for reminding me, THIS is what I have to do in my final free hours on the last day of school tomorrow! (We have a pool party to go to on Wed, so it's tomorrow or nothing.)

Gotta find an old CC now...

arivecchi
06-20-2011, 03:46 PM
What's the active ingredient? I'm guessing it's pretty safe? What would EWG say? ;):hysterical:

I'm sure it's all natural. ;)

Twin Mom
07-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Finally had a chance to do my full bikini area. It was really easy to use although a bit messy but it is nice to have no stubble (at least for now). Hope it lasts a while with no ingrown hairs. I'll try to remember to post an update in a few days.

hillview
07-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Any updates!??

DebbieJ
07-16-2011, 11:25 PM
I did mine over 2 weeks ago and the regrowth has been slow and NO ingrowns! WOOHOO!

Twin Mom
07-24-2011, 12:25 AM
I was hoping it would last a week without stubble but I would say it was around 4 or 5 days before it was noticable. I wore a bathing suit multiple days after I did it and I wasn't concerned about anything unsightly. No ingrowns. It definitely lasted longer than shaving. I am going to do it again next week when my DC are in camp.

Ladybug47
08-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Make sure to not scrape too much with the credit card (or old Oberweis points card) or it's guaranteed "razor burn" -- ouch! If things don't come off easily enough, wait a few more minutes for the hair to dissolve! No ingrowns for me, and I was impressed with how things turned out, although I think I prefer the super-smooth, powdery feel of a post-wax (and a wax removes ALL the fine hairs, too). For $1.77 a can, though, it sure beats paying ~$50 per Brazilian!

(I planned for 15 minutes of Magic Powder time, but overall it took me about 45 minutes, with all the waiting and doubting and then scraping and rinsing.)

Melanie
08-02-2011, 12:38 AM
This is awesome. Ordering right now! Thanks for bumping this!!!

Ladies, you must not post information as important as this around the end of the school year. Some of us old-timers get wrapped up that week! ;)

Can't wait to try it, BTW. :bowdown:

ETA - BAH! The only gold can on amazon prime is charging $15! Back to Target... ;)

pastrygirl
08-02-2011, 09:06 AM
No ingrowns or bumps here, either. :thumbsup:

overcome
10-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Okay ladies, I'm giving this a go...one question...do I scrape against the direction the hair goes, or with the direction of the hair growth?

I think it would be against the growth, but I'd like btdt advice to avoid ingrown hairs/bumps.

TIA!

Octobermommy
10-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Okay ladies, I'm giving this a go...one question...do I scrape against the direction the hair goes, or with the direction of the hair growth?

I think it would be against the growth, but I'd like btdt advice to avoid ingrown hairs/bumps.

TIA!

I go with the growth.