PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre news story - how would you like to live in this house?

mctlaw
06-03-2011, 07:51 PM
I love Yahoo news; they seem to find the weirdest news stories. Check this out. Warning: it might give you the willies! :eek::barf:

http://finance.yahoo.com/loans/article/112850/idaho-foreclosure-snake-home

Whoops, meant to post this in the Lounge. Sorry! I don't know how to move it - mods can you help?

crl
06-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Shudder. Wouldn't they be better off just destroying the house and selling the lot at this point?

Catherine

MrsMcGwire
06-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Oh wow! That's so creepy! It's an older house so I wonder what happened during the renovation that made the snakes move in, hehe.

DietCokeLover
06-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Burn baby burn! That is horrific.

gatorsmom
06-03-2011, 09:16 PM
We had a garter snake hibernaculum in the landscaping rocks right next to our front steps. There were about as many snakes as they had in our front yard. And yeah, some of the snakes crawled up the side of our house. But they can be trapped and carried away and they won't come back. Its not hard to get rid of a hibernaculum. I think these people just want an easy out of their mortgage.

kep
06-03-2011, 10:01 PM
This is my favorite part:

Possible buyers might include some guy with a flute and a turban, or maybe a slippery salesman looking to replenish his line of proprietary oil. More likely, though, Chase is going to be stuck with the Idaho snake house for a long time.

:ROTFLMAO:

randomkid
06-05-2011, 01:36 AM
We had a garter snake hibernaculum in the landscaping rocks right next to our front steps. There were about as many snakes as they had in our front yard. And yeah, some of the snakes crawled up the side of our house. But they can be trapped and carried away and they won't come back. Its not hard to get rid of a hibernaculum. I think these people just want an easy out of their mortgage.

I think this is on a much larger scale. Here is the Animal Planet story about the people who most recently left the house. I feel really bad for them. Seems they could have gone after someone for not revealing the infestation before they bought the house. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWtrzR0nE-I&feature=related You have to watch the entire story to really get the magnitude of the problem.

Fairy
06-05-2011, 01:42 AM
"Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?" Thank you Han.

========

You learn something new every day. For me, it was adding hibernaculum to my vocabulary. I am as big an animal lover as they come, but I don't think I have a clue what I think about this as far as what to do goes. Sell the place to a herpatologiest and run screaming?

gatorsmom
06-05-2011, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=Fairy;3160632]"Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?" Thank you Han.

Actually, it was Indie. Just to clarify. ;)

ThreeofUs
06-05-2011, 12:37 PM
"Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?" Thank you Han.

SADF (Same Actor, Different Film)

:rotflmao:

Fairy
06-14-2011, 01:55 PM

Yeah, I know it was Indy, not Han, but I'm weird that way interchanging the characters :-).

elizabethkott
06-14-2011, 02:37 PM

It doesn't matter.
Snakes still suck, and Harrison Ford is still hot.
:D