PDA

View Full Version : Help please...diarrhea remedies

waitingforgrace
06-03-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm 10 wks pg and am out of state for the weekend visiting relatives. Anyone know of anything safe to take or do I'm miserable? We're going to a festival tomorrow so I really need to feel better soon.

Smillow
06-03-2011, 10:26 PM
I think coconut macaroons can help with diarrhea...

gatorsmom
06-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Bananas will firm things up a bit. But if you are pregnant and have diarrhea make sure you are drinking a TON of water. you definitely don't want to get dehydrated especially if you are going to be outside a lot tomorrow.

zag95
06-03-2011, 11:14 PM
I've heard bananas are nature's cork....... feel better!

Myira
06-04-2011, 01:42 AM
In the letter my OB's office sends before 1st visit, it says immodiumAD is okay to be taken for diarrhea. Hope you get some relief soon.

Tondi G
06-05-2011, 01:20 AM
I always take a homeopathic now (Boiron - Podophyllum Peltatum) if I have diarrhea issues but I don't know about the safety of it and pregnancy. Immodium makes me feel awful ... stomach cramps etc.

I would just go with the brat diet ... Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast. Crackers, cheerios, chicken noodle soup, baked potato. Drink peppermint tea. Stay away from Dairy right now. When things have improved drink a little Coconut water to help with your electrolyte imbalance. If you can get your hands on some probiotics that would be a good thing.