PDA

View Full Version : Oh no, moving day today & sitter canceled on me!

SammyeGail
06-04-2011, 08:44 AM
I went to bed around 1:30 AM, been up a while. Poor DH has done so much this week since I sprained my wrist. I finally break down and find a great sitter on sittercity .com, she texted me last night canceling because her MIL is getting out of the hospital & she has to be there for her.

I understand, but am so bummed. Instead of telling me 100% she was coming, she could have mentioned her MIL on hospital, may get out soon. This is the first time using a sitter so it's all new to me. I thought her MIL went to ER, but she didn't. Sitter's husband is gone all weekend.

I am so bummed and don't know if this is typical. I kind of wonder if it's the truth, IDK, no detail on her MIL, just a reason to cancel.

I really liked her, now I wonder if I can call on her and if she'll come or not. DH will be gone 2 nights next week. A few hours of help would be so wonderful, now I wonder if she'll actually come :(.

Today is going to be a very rough day, (mostly) DH and I doing everything. I will have to keep the boys occupied, don't know what all we actually can even get done this weekend! Ugh!

SnuggleBuggles
06-04-2011, 09:20 AM
My friends have been screwed several times with last minute sittercity cancellations. Maybe try one more last minute request? You never know!

Beth