PDA

View Full Version : Please explain Sephora to me

wellyes
06-04-2011, 05:13 PM
One opened up near me recently and it's always mobbed.

But when I went in - to me it looked like it just sold the exact same stuff you get at a mall department store, for the same prices.

What I am not understanding?? Why is the store a big deal?

SnuggleBuggles
06-04-2011, 05:54 PM
They have more brands us their own brand. It's easier to same everything in one spot. Sales people tend to hover less but when you need them they k is their stuff. Also since all brands are right there they can help you find the perfect color or whatever regardless of brand. The Lancome sales rep is t goi v to say,"year this red is a bit orangey but if you go over to Clinique you'll like that o e better.". Sephora brand stuff is decent too. I really like their make up brushes.

Beth

eagle
06-04-2011, 06:10 PM
youre right its the same old stuff.

its just more convenient since its all in the same spot.

love sephora.

bubbaray
06-04-2011, 06:13 PM
I :heartbeat: Sephora lipgloss (Miami color).

crl
06-04-2011, 06:43 PM
They have the samples out where you can play with them yourself. Good or bad depending on your germaphobe level.

They have a HUGE perfume selection.

And they do stock some things that aren't generally available in department stores, ime. (For example, Korres mascara.)

Catherine

g-mama
06-04-2011, 07:47 PM
No pressure to buy or have the sales associates hounding you. You're free to try stuff out without being bothered, which is what I like. It's all in one place and the less-well-known brands are more accessible.

I :love5: Sephora. I feel like a kid in a candy store in there!

TwinFoxes
06-04-2011, 07:56 PM
No pressure to buy or have the sales associates hounding you. You're free to try stuff out without being bothered, which is what I like. It's all in one place and the less-well-known brands are more accessible.

:yeahthat: I hate going to a department store and having to wait on the ONE person who sells a brand. And heaven forbid you want to compare between two brands. Sephora has tons of selection and I can try it on my own, no pressure to buy a particular brand.

firemama
06-04-2011, 10:02 PM
I agree with everything everyone else said. They also have a rewards card and you build up points. Then you decide when to cash it in, and you can get small samples, all the way up to full-size freebies, I think. And if you buy certain items on a regular basis, they have free shipping for over $50 online (and you always get to pick out 3 free samples at checkout). I have tried quite a few things that I would never have bought the full size bottle. I have even gotten a sample of Anastasia eyebrow powder, and fell in love with it. I ended up getting another sample and it is perfect for a week vacation, it lasts that long.

DrSally
06-04-2011, 11:06 PM
They have the samples out where you can play with them yourself. Good or bad depending on your germaphobe level.

They have a HUGE perfume selection.

And they do stock some things that aren't generally available in department stores, ime. (For example, Korres mascara.)

Catherine

:yeahthat::yay: It's one of the few places that have Smith's rosebud salve. I like their own brand and I like the large perfume selection.

mackmama
06-05-2011, 01:30 AM

Yeah that! I love Sephora. I can spend as much time as I want exploring different brands, and it's so convenient having them all in one place. They also give you a great free gift for your birthday.

lovebebes
06-05-2011, 01:34 AM
and how about the amazing return policy.

Smillow
06-05-2011, 09:20 AM
and how about the amazing return policy.

:yeahthat: - My DH gave me a little bag of Sephora items one Christmas & there was one thing I never used (wasn't too sure what it was - lip liner?) and I think I returned it (unused) over a year later (he bought it in NYC & that was the next time I was able to get there) and they had to look it up & gave me store credit (which I promptly used up!) And I am the least fancy person you will meet (especially after DS's birth) I LOVE Sephora!

artvandalay
06-05-2011, 09:28 AM
:yeahthat::yay: It's one of the few places that have Smith's rosebud salve. I like their own brand and I like the large perfume selection.

I like how this feels on my lips but I can't take the scent. Also I have a hard time opening up the tin. It seems to get stuck everytime, and if there is any of the salve on the outside of the tin it makes it even harder to open. If I can find this in unscented I would buy it again, though.

Sephora is great. High end makeup lines - not all lines but most, and different from Ulta because Ulta has some high end and all drugstore makeup. They will make you samples of whatever you want. Very helpful people and I don't find them pushy like department stores. I tend to buy more from Sephora.com because I always like to get free samples of stuff. I could spend some serious money and time in that place.