PDA

View Full Version : do you try to treat yourself better when AF is around?

tiapam
06-05-2011, 12:51 AM
i watched some show, i think it was one of the dr. christiane northrup body shows in which she explained that she tried being kinder to herself when she had her period to see if it made it any more tolerable. she found it much improved when she rested more, etc.

anyone here do some version of this? if so what do you do? or anyone have ideas? i don't do a good job of keeping track of mine, but i was thinking if i did then i would try not to schedule too many things then so i could take it easier. also, sleep more, try to eat better, drink more water, etc.

any other ideas? and what do you think of this idea, basically acknowledging that we need some tlc at this time?

Melaine
06-05-2011, 07:42 AM
Sort of. I have bad cramps and a very heavy long cycle. So sometimes I feel like it is taking up half my month. Some cycles it literally is taking up half the month. So I do try to go to bed early if I am really tired. I also take baths sometimes which is sort of pampering myself. Need to work on drinking more water. I always find myself wanting to skip exercise but I just can't do that....cycle is too long.

Twin Mom
06-05-2011, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't say I treat myself better but since I started using the Diva Cup a few years ago, AF isn't quite as annoying anymore.

WolfpackMom
06-05-2011, 08:41 PM
I drink more water and definitely sleep more - but thats generally because AF wipes me out energy wise and gives me dizzy spells etc so I dont have much choice!