PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take to nurse your LO to sleep?

okinawama
06-05-2011, 09:26 AM
I have got to be doing something wrong, because nursing my little guy (6 weeks) to sleep at night can take up to 2hrs. He'll fall asleep after one side, and then dream feed the second side ( very effectively I think because I can hear him swallowing for quite some time), but when I go to lay him down, he wakes up. So, we start the process all over again, and it can take up to 2hrs to finally be able to walk out of the room.

Is there a secret to getting it done faster?

Beth24
06-05-2011, 10:36 AM
That happened to me many times until my baby was 3 months old. It drove me crazy but it did pass. I'd be all ready to give him to DH so could sleep a few hours but he would need to nurse again. When we'd try to get him to sleep without another feeding it never worked! He would hold out until I fed him again.

echoesofspring
06-05-2011, 02:28 PM
have you tried holding him up for 30 minutes or so before you put him in bed? he might be waking up due to hidden reflux, we had that issue with our DS, and when we started holding him up after feeding him he was much calmer in bed.

okinawama
06-05-2011, 03:36 PM
he does have reflux, so we are currently holding him up after the feed, but that is a good thing for me to remember, maybe I can try having him upright a little longer.

MomToOne
06-05-2011, 03:39 PM
It took about that long or longer for many months. My doctor told me to stop but I didn't. I learned to just treat it as quiet time and hung out on the computer or watched tv.

SnuggleBuggles
06-05-2011, 04:44 PM
About an hour when that young. But, we got it down to 15-30 minutes.

Beth