PDA

View Full Version : Which jogging stroller do you sugest?

riri101
06-06-2011, 08:01 PM
1. Doesn't need to recline
2. Would like suggestions at below $300 and above $300
3. Looking for a true jogging stroller

Mountain Buggy? Bob? Baby Jogger? HELP

LMPC
06-06-2011, 08:09 PM
I don't have anything to compare it to, but I :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat: my BOB revo!

scriptkitten
06-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Mountain Buggy or Bob Revolution

Terrain benefits include adjustable handlebar, metal footrest. It also takes a bassinet tho that wont matter for you

Bob has a bouncier push and a flatter fold.

You can't go wrong with either

RunnerDuck
06-06-2011, 09:36 PM
isn't the rev not a true jogging stroller though? if you want a true bob jogger you want an iron man or sus - which can often be had fairly cheap used. what exactly are you using it for? rev is for light running, i think...

scriptkitten
06-06-2011, 10:09 PM
^^ i don't know where the line is between light and heavy running is.

i've run on pretty hilly, paved, unpaved and partially paved terrain for 45 minute clips (i'm super slow tho) and it tracks well and the only thing that's annoying is the lack of a handbrake.

oh yeah.. the terrain has a handbrake... but i also think the terrain has the same wheel setup as the BOB so i don't know if that disqualifies it as a serious jogger?

it is true... the SUS or ironman would be much cheaper used. if i was ONLY running with it, i'd get that.

ashleybama24
06-07-2011, 07:38 AM
True jogging stroller with a fixed wheel? Baby Jogger FIT or Performance, BOB Ironman.

Check out joggermom.com or joggingstroller.com.

MamaMarsupial
06-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Would anyone have info on the Yakima Beetle Single Jogger? I've seen it on Overstock.com however cannot find reviews anywhere. The only reference I seem to get is the Rack manufacturer...

arivecchi
06-07-2011, 10:35 AM
If you do long fast runs, I think you want a fixed wheel jogger. If you are an occasional runner, a BOB Revolution or MB Terrain would suffice. You can try to find them used or on sale. As a PP said, fixed wheel ones can be found cheap on CL.

On a related note, make sure you talk to you ped before running with your DD. My ped advised us to wait a year before running or biking with our boys. HTH.

arivecchi
06-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Would anyone have info on the Yakima Beetle Single Jogger? I've seen it on Overstock.com however cannot find reviews anywhere. The only reference I seem to get is the Rack manufacturer...
Have never heard of it. Sorry. Are you looking for a jogging stroller on a budget? i would look for a better quality jogger on CL or on sale.

hellokitty
06-07-2011, 10:54 AM
I've had a yakima beetle before. They are really nice, except that the canopy is a joke (you'll need an add on sunshade) and the front wheel doesn't swivel, like the newer jogger models do. Right now I have a kelty jogger, and I love it, except that it is a total PITA to lock the frame in when I set it up. My DH laughs at me, b/c he says it looks like I am doing a full body stretch when I try to lock in those damn yellow clips. He doesn't even know how to do it.

mecawa
06-07-2011, 12:30 PM
I have a BOB SUS and love it. However I would only use it for serious running (like 3 + fast miles a day). For a jog or power walk I would use the BOB Rev., the BOB SUS is kind of a PITA for walking/outings, etc.