PDA

View Full Version : Swaddling

babyfiorina1
06-06-2011, 09:54 PM
My girl is 6.5 month old now. I used to swaddle her from birth until probably about 3 month of age when she slept. Then I stopped swaddling her and she slept with no problem. I have to start swaddling her again at about 5 month of age until now because her arms are flailing around so much and she just won't leave her pacifier alone (but will fuss if the pacifier is out, apparently doesn't realize that she is the one who pull it out).
She knows how to roll now and I notice that she is trying to roll over (while being swaddled) during her sleep. I tried not to swaddle her so she can "move" freely in her crib, but she will be awaken and cry and will stop when I swaddle her and will try to roll again.

So, I'm just a bit worry if she roll over while being swaddled during her sleep and won't be able to move her arms to push up. I wonder if anyone else swaddle their older babies and if there's anything I can do to help her sleep better. Thank you

ahrimie
06-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Around that age, I swaddled DD's body and legs but left the arms out. She, too, was a roller and liked to sleep on her stomach. For us, that worked.