PDA

View Full Version : What would you wear with a cherry red skirt?

DrSally
06-06-2011, 10:49 PM
I won this on ebay, hopefully it will fit alright (and not be too short). I generally don't wear brights on the bottom. Obviously, I'll be wearing it in the fall, but looking for ideas now. I'm thinking black tights/boots and a black top, or the same thing with gray. I suppose in early fall, I could wear a white or light gray top and flats. Any other (less boring) ideas. I hardly ever wear such bright colors.

ETA: here's the skirt http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=190539656041&si=zEw8DVkbb3jROdiWe82OasOjkwA%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AWNA%3AUS%3A1123

bubbaray
06-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Black boots, black top. Black everything. Then again, I don't wear red hardly ever.

TwinFoxes
06-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Black, some browns, cream, prints that have those colors, maybe a super dark navy. Maybe a non bright green... too bright and it would be Christmasy.

DrSally
06-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Brown, didn't think of brown. I have neutral tops galore.

crl
06-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Any neutral. I think cream would particularly nice.

Catherine

ilfaith
06-07-2011, 10:09 AM
The skirt is simple enough that you could really wear almost any kind of top with it. I would experiment with stripes or prints. It looks like a good true red (not too orange or pink) which really lets you wear it almost as a neutral...most any color will go. I'm guessing it isn't a really plush velvet (like you'd wear for evening) so you can dress it up or down. I think it would look great with a sweater or a button down shirt, with or without a jacket layered over it. It looks like a surprisingly versatile skirt.

DrSally
06-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Yeah, I don't think it's really all that plush (more matte). I'm a solids girl and have very, very few prints--they scare me. I'm liking the idea of a cream top. What color shoes would I wear then?

lizzywednesday
06-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I don't think it's really all that plush (more matte). I'm a solids girl and have very, very few prints--they scare me. I'm liking the idea of a cream top. What color shoes would I wear then?

I was envisioning that skirt with a cream sweater, nice tights and cute black boots.

IDK how fashion-forward that would be, though, seeing as how I don't always assemble outfits successfully.

DrSally
06-09-2011, 09:15 PM
I was envisioning that skirt with a cream sweater, nice tights and cute black boots.

IDK how fashion-forward that would be, though, seeing as how I don't always assemble outfits successfully.

That sounds good to me. Would you wear black tights?

ThreeofUs
06-10-2011, 08:03 AM
Oh, that's CUTE!

I think you could wear just about any color tights - including stripes! - and look great in this skirt. All depending on how funky you're feeling, you know.

DrSally
06-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Thanks, Ivy. I could see stripped tights, maybe gray, w/gray suede boots (and the cream top).

One thing. This is my first Boden item. It came in perfect condition, but I think next time, I'll be ordering a US 8, rather than a 6 (seems like Boden may run a bit small).