PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone compare the push on a Britax Blink and Maclaren Quest?

riri101
06-06-2011, 11:52 PM
trying to decide if I should keep or return the quest (bought it on clearance at buy buy baby for $130) - already have Britax Blink, Uppa Baby Vista, Maclaren Easy Traveler.

Was wondering how the push/two compared to warrant both or not? If I return the quest, i'm exchaning for BJCM

Multimama
06-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Well, if you have the Quest and the Blink, can't you compare them?? Or does the packaging somehow prevent that?

Limited experience with the Quest, but I can tell you that the Ryder which is the next model up from the Quest has a better push than the Blink. How old is your baby though? The Blink recline is much deeper than the Quest so if your child is still a baby I would probably keep the Blink myself. I know they don't *need* the flatter recline after 3 months, but I prefer it. I suspect the Blink is also less tippy than the Quest. And it has a bigger canopy. And it has a better peekaboo window. And I prefer the leg rest design on the Blink. But I definitely think Maclarens have a better push, especially noticeable with older LOs (above 30lbs) and I intensely dislike that the Blink fabric is not removable/washable.

More than you asked for, I know, but having owned 3 Maclarens and a Blink I have thought about this quite a lot. :)

ETA: Just saw that your baby is 8 months old and tiny, is that right? I personally would rather have the Blink at that age. I really like the deeper recline on the Blink. Also, if she is tiny you probably have a while before you'll notice any substantial difference in push/steering.

riri101
06-07-2011, 02:08 AM
I have used the blink and I kick it a tad, but its alright for a 'quick' stroller, my DD is comfy in it. The quest is still in the box, I have yet to take it out thats why I can't compare them lol. But yes, my daughter is 12.5 lbs only and 8 months old (less than 5 months adjusted). With a boppy noggin pillow she looks super comfy in the Blink. She is long though for her weight (12.5 lbs and 24 inches). Do you think the Blink or Quest is better for taller kids? Or should I return it and maybe replace it with it a BJCM. I was just wondering if there was any reason to have both (the quest and blink).

Multimama
06-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Nope, there is no reason to have both. They will both fit kids for approximately the same length of time (a long time) because they have very similar frames. I think I forgot to mention that the Quest is at least a couple pounds lighter than the Blink. I would just return the Quest. By the time the steering/push of the Blink starts to be an issue, you could always replace it with a Triumph (lighter with fewer features), which will have the same push/steering of the Quest and can easily be had for $130 or even less.

As for the BJCM a lot of people on this board love that stroller. Maybe start another thread and ask if that would be redundant with your current line-up. If you want to add another stroller I think BJCM is definitely a better addition than a second umbrella (Quest).