PDA

View Full Version : sick of working all night

boolady
06-07-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm on about day 8 in a row of working for the evening well into the late night on work projects, and I'm done.with.this. There is no light at the end of the tunnel, we are slammed beyond belief, and I haven't started prepping my presentation for a CLE course I have to teach next Tuesday. I honestly have no idea when it will get done. I realize some people have to do this pretty much every night of their existence, and I average maybe 2-3 nights per week, but this is starting to really wear me down. Add it to the fact that my not-so-hot salary has gone down for the past two years, and I'm really not sure why I'm doing this. I miss spending more time with DD, I miss spending any time, really, with DH, and I'm exhausted. Fascinating b*tch from a lazy, overpaid, clock-punching government worker, right? Sorry...I had to get this out there. Back to work.

KpbS
06-07-2011, 09:05 PM
That sounds simply exhausting! So sorry you are so slammed right now. Here's hoping some cases go away/get continued--deadlines get extended--and the CLE prep is a breeze. :hug:

crl
06-07-2011, 10:12 PM
I am so so sorry.

Catherine

bubbaray
06-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Can you delegate the prep for the CLE to a junior (and give credit to that person in your article, if you are writing one)?

I would also let your superiors know that you are at the breaking point. Tell them what help you need, maybe they can hire a temp/locum to help out?

GL!

boolady
06-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Can you delegate the prep for the CLE to a junior (and give credit to that person in your article, if you are writing one)?

I would also let your superiors know that you are at the breaking point. Tell them what help you need, maybe they can hire a temp/locum to help out?

GL!

Great ideas, but I am the presenter, so I really need to figure out what I want to present. And there is no way that my office will hire anyone right now. People are getting laid off, and I am a supervisor, so the fall out of being busier is flowing right to me.

Now I sound like one of those b*tching post posters who downs every suggestion they get, and I don't want to. I appreciate the suggestions. Part of it is precipitated by end-of-court year rush to get things done, including having 1/2 the statutory response time b/c the people who control the calendars, shall we say, have decided that they want to clear their backlogs, which are not my/our office's fault anyway. I will just keep repeating...this too shall pass...

ETA: And it doesn't help that DH, who is upstairs watching TV in bed, called me up there for 15 minutes to help him figure out what the cleaners did today when they apparently unplugged all of the digital cable connections.

mctlaw
06-07-2011, 10:56 PM
No advice, but I can relate. I have had an awful lot of these types of projects for the past couple years. I do have an endpoint in about 3 weeks since I am resigning for an out of state move, so I at least can see the light of the end of the tunnel. I hope you get thru this rough patch and things get better. :hug: