PDA

View Full Version : 2011 G Luxe or 2010 Flite?

ECUPirateMom
06-07-2011, 10:11 PM
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE???? :) I am making myself crazy going back and forth between the two and I can't continue on without making a decision!
I am getting this stroller for quick errands around town and traveling since I also have 2011 Bob SE for all terrain use.

My price range is $200 so I initially zeroed in on the G-Luxe but then I found a 2010 Flite for $199...so now I am stuck about what to do!
One of the main reasons the Flite appealed to me was because I can use it with a carseat however DD is 6 months old now so I don't know that we will be able to use that much longer. I also LOVE the seagrass color but am very worried about how dirty it will get and how easy it will be to clean? So on the Gluxe hand I love the fact that the it has a washable removable seat cover. I also love that the Flite comes with a rain cover (2010 model) but the Gluxe does not....oh I could go on and on!!!
So I guess what I want to know is....G-Luxe $189 versus the Flite $199...WHAT WOULD YOU DO? :) :) :)
Thanks a bunch girls!
Aimee

sweetsue98
06-07-2011, 10:49 PM
The fabic on the flite is easy to clean! Hope that helps your decision making process!

georgiegirl
06-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Flite has a small canopy, but the g-luxe has a big one. I immediately ruled out the flite because of the skimpy canopy. Not sure whether that is an issue for you or not.

Kaylee31
06-07-2011, 11:37 PM
From what I've seen of the Flite, the canopy looks like a pretty good size. Here is 2 good reviews where you can see the full coverage. My only concern would be that the seat has a recline on the Flite; the G-luxe seems more upright. http://strollerqueenreviews.blogspot.com/2010/06/bumbleride-flite-review.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv36p0MFrIQ&feature=player_embedded

ECUPirateMom
06-08-2011, 09:02 AM
The fabic on the flite is easy to clean! Hope that helps your decision making process!

Do you know if you can remove the whole seat cover easily and throw it in the wash or does it just wipe clean?? I am in LOVE with seagrass but fear it will show dirt too fast!
Thanks, :)
Aimee

Candyshop1999
06-08-2011, 09:39 AM
The Flites have huge canopies! My only complaint about my Flites are the push. But I'm spoiled by Bob....
We have the pink and the orange. They r beautiful umbrella strollers and traveled well with us to PR and back. Very cool having umbrellas that take carseats.....

sherezada
06-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Do you know if you can remove the whole seat cover easily and throw it in the wash or does it just wipe clean?? I am in LOVE with seagrass but fear it will show dirt too fast!
Thanks, :)
Aimee

On the Baby Gizmo'z youtube video that Kaylee mentioned http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv36p...layer_embedded, @ 3:18 she mentions that the fabric is removable and machine washable.

YouAreTheFocus
06-08-2011, 12:21 PM
I would (and did) chose the 2010 or 2011 G-Luxe over the 2010 Flite. I prefer the push on the G-Luxe, and I also found it allows for a longer stride. It is also lighter (yes, only ~2 lbs, but I could def feel the difference when lifting them).

Also, many 2010 Flite owners complained about the handlebar connector bar popping out of place. Not a safety issue, but appeared to be annoying (and it was changed for the 2011).

Love our G-Luxe so far!

Multimama
06-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Also, many 2010 Flite owners complained about the handlebar connector bar popping out of place. Not a safety issue, but appeared to be annoying (and it was changed for the 2011).

They have a fix for this, but you have to live near a store that can do the repair/replacement whatever it is. Someone on this board got the fix, but I would want a 2011 Flite for this reason. They are also supposed to have improved something about the wheels to improve the push, but I haven't tested the difference.

I do not know why Holly at Baby Gizmo told everyone the Flite doesn't have a good canopy. It's a great canopy for an umbrella stroller.

I think the only reason to get the 2011 G-luxe over the Flite is that the push is better. You can tell the difference just pushing them empty in the store, which means it's a substantial difference. But I love all the accessories that the Flite can take as well as the lovely fabrics.

sherezada
06-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Another thing is that you can't attach a bumper bar/snack tray on the 2011 G-Luxe.

That being said, my baby was big on holding onto the bumper bar on our Bumbleride Flyer, and I thought it would be a huge issue when I ordered the G-Luxe. Turns out he doesn't seem to miss it at all. In fact, every time he sees the G-Luxe he's eager to get on it! I have to hide it in a closet so he won't see it and try to jump on it. LOL!