PDA

View Full Version : I did Jillian's 30 Day Shred for the first time today

DebbieJ
06-08-2011, 01:52 PM
God help me!

I am going to be feeling this!

And man am I out of shape!

I am using SparkPeople to track everything. Three days in and I'm doing great!

lovin2shop
06-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Great job, and hang in there! I've never been in great shape, and I'm definitely sore after doing this workout. I really like it though, as it seems to be quick and effective. I know you are supposed to do it everyday for 30 days, but I can't seem to bring myself to do it on consecutive days. Ouch, too much jumping and squatting! My old under-used muscles need a longer recovery time. My goal is 3 days a week, and I'm already behind this week!

Keep up the good work, and if you can do it everyday, maybe I'll be inspired to try!

khalloc
06-08-2011, 03:40 PM
You arent going to be able to move and climb stairs for about 5 days. Once you get over that, it wont hurt to do the workout anymore.

My mistake is that I will do it for 2-3 weeks then stop. Then when I start again a few months later, I hurt all over again...

artvandalay
06-08-2011, 03:47 PM
oh yeah, she definitely kicks your butt. I ususally follow the easy chick, because there's no way I could do it following the more advanced one. I still haven't done Level 3.

If you ever tire of Sparkpeople, a bunch of us from here do Myfitnesspal (which is similar, I think). It's nice because we all cheer each other on.

DebbieJ
06-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Yeah, there is NO WAY I can do this for consecutive days. I was following the "easy" chick and doing level 1. A rude awakening for sure.

It's supposed to be cooler here tomorrow so I'm hoping I can take a bike ride. Then I'll put Jillian back in the DVD player on Friday.

infomama
06-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Good for you. I mixed it up with some P90x today and man did it kick my ass.