PDA

View Full Version : Baby Carrier for FTM..Lilliebaby?

jzupek
06-09-2011, 12:04 AM
DH and I are looking into baby carriers...I have found a lilliebaby EveryWear (Style) carrier that seems like it is good, very similar to the Ergo (weight carried on hips), but with the option for baby to fact outward as well. I didn't know if anyone has any experience using this as I haven't been able to find anything on here about this carrier at all! DH has a bad back, so I would like to find something both of us can use (neither one of us is petite, I am 5'7'', he is 6'3'')...have also looked briefly at Beco Gemini and Pikkolo, but neither are available at BRU/Target to put on our baby registry...not the end of the world...Here is the link for the lilliebaby I am referring to...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4109450
Any help/input/advice is greatly appreciated!

lec
06-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Sorry I am not any help with the Lilliebaby - I have never used it. From the picture it looks like it similar to the Ergo.

I just got the Beco Gemini last week and used it with DD who is now 9 months old. I am 6' and DH is 6'2".... we both loved it and found it very comfortable. We were able to wear her around off an on all weekend with a trip to the zoo on Saturday and running a bunch of errands on Sunday. DD loved it...she was able to face out and see the animals at the zoo and people watch. I had previously been using the Bjorn (a baby shower gift) and I would not recommend that carrier.

From the description it looks like you would need an infant insert if you went with the Lilliebaby. I didn't get to use the Gemini with DD when she was that small but it does not require an infant insert and can be used starting at 7lbs.

lowrioh
06-13-2011, 12:39 PM
I have no experience with the Lilliebaby but if you go with an Ergo, I would recommend the sport over the regular one if you are tall. I'm 5'11" and DH is 6'5" and the Sport fits much better.

ABO Mama
06-13-2011, 01:11 PM
The quality of this carrier is not very good. The hip carry positions the shoulder strap right on the wearer's neck, instead of cupping the shoulder. I have also heard that this carrier is better for smaller people.

How old is your baby?

lizzywednesday
06-13-2011, 02:00 PM
This was why I didn't bother with registering at BRU, which wasn't carrying the Ergo before DD was born.

I registered at Amazon and Target.

Amazon carries the Gemini in a variety of prints; you can also add items to an Amazon registry from anywhere on the internet, though it doesn't work the same way as a regular registry as far as returns and exchanges go. (IDK if that's something you care deeply about - I didn't. I wanted what I wanted from the vendors I chose because they sold what I wanted ... and I didn't plan to return anything from a non-Amazon vendor.)

As another tall mama, I'm a big fan of both the Ergo and the Gemini, but, given the choice between the two, I'd opt for the Gemini. Not for the forward-facing carry, but because you can use it without an infant insert!!!

jzupek
06-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Baby isn't born yet...so we don't know what her size will be like! So would love hear more feedback regarding the Gemini vs the Pikkolo...I think we would prefer to get a carrier that DD will have the option to face outward as well....

bnell
06-16-2011, 09:47 AM
I also researched this carrier & was very tempted as it is cheaper than some other popular carriers & appears to be very versatile. However, I read some negative reviews about inferior construction & comfort issues...