PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding...

bbeth16
06-10-2011, 10:26 AM
For a little background...
I have 2 DD's 1yo and a 5yo. They don't both ride at the same time, but the 5yo
often wants to ride. Our stroller is mostly used for malls, walking on
pavement, zoo trips, etc. I work full time so it only gets used on the
weekends.

With my first I started with a Graco Quattro and liked it...but it was too big
and DD quickly started running out of room. Then I had a Kidco LS3000
(http://www.albeebaby.com/kililslistin.html) until DD was 4yo and DH lost it at
work. I don't know how you loose a stroller but he did. (He runs a car lot and
left in a car I think) So DD2 had arrived and I bought a First Years
Indigo...which I liked the features of, but it's CRAP! They ended up replacing
it and I sold it and bought a Quinny Buzz. I LOVE the buzz but it's too dang
big, takes up a third of the cargo room in my Pilot. So I sold the Buzz,
shipping it today actually!

So now that you know my life story...I need either kid to be able to ride. I'd
prefer under 20lbs, folds compact, good sunshade, a decent storage area, a
reclining seat would be a plus, and I need it to fit behind the third row of my
Pilot. I'm pondering Kristan's Buggster, but I'm afraid the fold is too big.

Other strollers I'm pondering (In no particular order, if you have one FS let me
know!)
Maclaren Starck (Love the price and it looks cool! $60)
Maclaren Triumph
Maclaren Quest
Cybex Ruby
Cybex Onyx
Quinny Zapp (original or xtra...leaning toward the xtra)
Valco Buggster
Baby Jogger City Mini or Micro

Can you see why I can't decide... LOL

BabyBearsMom
06-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Baby Jogger City Mini. It weighs less than 20lbs, it folds down easily and pretty small (you can put it up on its side and it wouldn't take up much space at all), it has a FABULOUS sunshade, the storage is so-so but it isn't tippy so you can hang things off of the handle. The seat reclines flat. Also, it is a nice tall stroller so your older child could probably fit in it pretty comfortably. It is great for walking on even pavement or inside. We love ours.

legaleagle
06-10-2011, 11:21 AM
I'd put your 5 year old in these and just start comparing the push. I'd also consider getting one that works well with a board. What's your budget? I know someone here will suggest the bee any minute and I'll bet that would be a fabulous option if you can swing it. I'd also consider one of the smaller AT strollers like the indie or swift if your older DD fits.

bbeth16
06-10-2011, 11:26 AM
I don't have anywhere that carries good strollers, I live in the land of crapco strollers. I might be able to see some of them in Charlotte, 1.5hrs away. But right now I only have a $10 umbrella and a Baby Jogger II, and I can't make it to Charlotte for several weeks!

I looked on CL and Raleigh and Wilmington have awesome strollers listed...maybe I can hold out and pick one up when we go on vacation.

Oh and budget...$200

mom3boys
06-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Baby Jogger City Mini. It weighs less than 20lbs, it folds down easily and pretty small (you can put it up on its side and it wouldn't take up much space at all), it has a FABULOUS sunshade, the storage is so-so but it isn't tippy so you can hang things off of the handle. The seat reclines flat. Also, it is a nice tall stroller so your older child could probably fit in it pretty comfortably. It is great for walking on even pavement or inside. We love ours.

:yeahthat:

I think current model retails for $239 but you may find a deal on a closeout 2010, or find used on CL. The fold should definitely be flat enough.
Cybex Onyx is a good thought as well, however the storage basket is tiny (worse than BJCM) and I don't think it pushes quite as well as BJCM. It is a little lighter than BJCM and 2010s are definitely well under $200, but they don't have the awesome extendable canopy. I have a 2010 and it is a good, not great canopy. Both of those strollers have large enough seats that they should accommodate a 5 year old.

I think an AT may not have a small enough fold for you and most (if not all) are over 20 lbs.

georgiegirl
06-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Definitely the bjcm. My 5 year old fits no problem. I have a 2011 cybex onyx on the way, but I needed one with an umbrella fold.

poohbear
06-10-2011, 10:02 PM
You should be able to get a BJCM for about $205. PM me.
I would probably go with that. I have a BJCM and a Triumph (and a Ryder) and for everyday, I prefer the BJCM...

bbeth16
06-11-2011, 12:05 AM
You should be able to get a BJCM for about $205. PM me.
I would probably go with that. I have a BJCM and a Triumph (and a Ryder) and for everyday, I prefer the BJCM...

I guess maybe I need more posts to PM??? Can you pm me or email hellokittie16 @ hotmail.com (without spaces)