PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree woven clothes running small?

anonomom
06-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Is anyone else finding a huge sizing differential between Gymboree's knit-type clothes and their things made out of woven cloth? I have several knit dresses for my DD (5yo) in size 6 that fit her just fine, but I recently bought her a dress in a woven fabric in a 7, and it's tight! Thinking it was a fluke with that particular style, I tried a second dress, and the same story.

DD isn't small, it's true, but she's right in the middle of the weight range for a 7 and the bodice of these dresses is still too small (they also seem somewhat shorter than I'd expected, though not so short I'd consider them ill-sized in that way). We usually buy Gymbo's knit stuff, so I don't know if this is typical of the brand or not.

ilfaith
06-10-2011, 03:40 PM
I can't speak for girls' sizes, but I have found their woven shorts this season have run narrow for my son. He fits fine into size 7s from Gap and Old Navy, but the Gymboree shorts all ran snug in the tush and seemed to taper through the thigh. I had to size up to an 8 (and even these had a narrower fit than in years past).