PDA

View Full Version : Why is it...

LadyPeter
06-10-2011, 02:35 PM
...that everything is sooooooo much harder for DH than it is for everyone else? #sarcasm

This man spends 45 minutes pottering around the garage having "problems" with the lawnmower Every. Single. Time. I ask him to mow.

And we have a nice mower. It's a 1 year old John Deere, not some piece of crap we picked up on Craigslist. Belts "fly off" without provocation, apparently. The battery "dies." He puts on 40 lbs of protective gear just to cruise safely around our flat yard. And problems can NEVER be solved by himself. He has to come inside, covered in grease and sweat, to tell me all about it in excruciating detail. While I stare at him blankly and then encourage him "You can figure it out. I have faith in you."

Ggggrrrrr.

I realize this is his parents' fault for never letting him do ANYTHING as a child and cultivating a deep sense of a. inferiority and b. entitlement. He expects things to happen magically and when they don't, he hasn't the slightest clue how to fix them. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggghh hhhhhhhhh.

I grew up in a very independent, handle-it-yourself family, so this makes me want to scream.