PDA

View Full Version : S/O School Uniforms

HIU8
06-10-2011, 03:22 PM
After reading the school uniform thread I'm beginning to think I do not have enough for DS. He will start K. Currently we have:

4 pr long pants
2 pr shorts
4 ss polos
2 turtlenecks
1 sweatshirt (a second will be bought from the school in the fall).
10 pr of white crew socks (we had these already)
shoes are sneakers (all white or all black)

I do laundry daily, but I'm wondering if between the clothes getting yucky (I expect this) and the amount I put them in the wash, that they will shrink more and become more worn more quickly.

I was thinking I would buy 1 more ss polo, 1 more ls polo, 1 more pr pants, 1 more shorts.

DS will not wear a vest or a sweater or any kind, so I don't know if I will need more than 2 sweatshirts or not.

ilfaith
06-10-2011, 03:35 PM
If they can wear long sleeved polos I might add one or two of those for cooler weather. My boys aren't big fans of turtlenecks.

Can you get uniforms anywhere or must they be ordered from a specific uniform store? Do shirts need any type of school insignia?

I would say you are probably fine to start off the school year. Depending on your climate you might need one more pair of shorts or long pants. If you can get uniforms anywhere, I'd consider waiting a few months, seeing what gets worn most, and then supplementing. Stores like Old Navy and Gap, and even Target, do carry uniform basics year round (at least online), so if you find yourself needing another polo or pair of khakis you can always get them later.

HIU8
06-10-2011, 03:43 PM
DS likes turtlenecks.

I was told that most of the lower school boys wear ss polos all year and in the cold weather they just wear the sweatshirt over it. I asked DS and he said he might wear a ls polo also.

We can get uniform clothes anywhere as long as we stick to khaki or navy pants/shorts, white or navy tops and navy for sweaters/sweatshirts.

I was concerned only b/c I just realized that I have to leave a full set of clothes at school all year.