PDA

View Full Version : I wanted pizza tonight!

sarahsthreads
06-10-2011, 05:42 PM
We recently (within the past 6 months?) got a Naked Pizza in my area. And it seems to be the ONE type of pizza I can eat without triggering a massive acid reflux attack. We've been getting pizza every week or two, and in fact, just had pizza delivered last Friday.

I called tonight to order pizza because I have been cleaning all day long and I'm tired and don't feel like cooking, and they are CLOSED. As of this past Monday. No reason given, and they were *always* busy.

I am so, so bummed. :(

And now I have to go figure out what I can possibly cook in the next 20 minutes or I'll have starving, whining children on top of it all...

Sarah

crl
06-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Oatmeal. Or scramble eggs. Sorry!

Catherine

DietCokeLover
06-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Oh, how awful! I'm sorry. We ended up with pancakes because of my lack of planning and motivation!

DrSally
06-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Major bummer!

Uno-Mom
06-11-2011, 01:32 AM
Bummer.

Have you tried picking up pre-made dough and just baking your own pizza? It's so extremely easy and fun for kids.

We rarely ever make ours' with red sauce - usually just garlicky olive oil and some other toppings. I know that doesn't help today but it might get you a future pizza fix without the acid attack.

sarahsthreads
06-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Oh, yeah, we do make our own somewhat often, but actually on those Arnolds Sandwich Thins instead of pizza dough. I don't know if it's the dough, or the sauce (our favorite Naked Pizza order had white sauce) or the cheese, or the combination of all three. I can eat pasta with sauce, but not ravioli or tortellini (with or without sauce), I can eat homemade pizza on sandwich thins, but not on store bought or homemade dough - white, whole wheat or in between.

It's really hard to figure out what exactly is triggering it, but what it boils down to is that I can't eat regular pizza or homemade on "normal" crust anymore. :(

The kids actually prefer it when we make our own mini pizzas. I have the pickiest pizza eater in the world - DD1 makes hers with no sauce, a moderate amount of cheese, and black olives (although last time she added some black beans to hers and thought that was awesome too). She will not consider even trying cheese pizza, and will only eat pizza place olive pizza (with sauce) with a healthy dose of whine on the side.

Tell me about garlicky olive oil, please? This sounds like something I've been missing all my life!

Sarah :)