PDA

View Full Version : Dear DH, In what world...

Twoboos
06-10-2011, 07:42 PM
do you think it would be a good idea to tell DDs, "I got you a new Lego set, you're going to love it! Another house! And you can't play with it now b/c it's time to get ready for bed, and tomorrow we have swimming and softball so you can't play with it until late tomorrow afternoon!"

And then be SHOCKED by the complete screaming meltdown DD2 has after this. And now be fighting with her about when she can use it.

Really, is it your first day here or what? WT flying F.

DietCokeLover
06-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Uh oh. Major parenting goof up!

MSWR0319
06-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Oh dear Lord. DH does thngs like that and it drives me nuts!! They never learn do they?

almostamom
06-10-2011, 09:37 PM
I just read this to my DH. He laughed at it. The truth is, I can totally see him doing the exact same thing!! I've used the phrase, "Are you new here?" more than once! Hang in there! I feel your pain!

liz
06-10-2011, 09:54 PM
lol, I'm sorry :rolleye0014:. I guess DH will have his hands full for a while now, huh?

Melaine
06-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Tonight DH said (at the dinner table), "it looks like we will have to cut off that piece of skin on DD's finger" HELLO?
She pinched her finger in the closet door and it was a decent cut, but did he really think saying that would go over her head? No, she started crying at dinner. Men!

hellokitty
06-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Lol, my DH has done/said dumb stuff like that. It's times like that where I wish I could shoot lasers out of my eyes. You just wonder why the heck they can't bother to think before opening their mouths.

DrSally
06-10-2011, 10:46 PM
OMG and LOL...

deborah_r
06-11-2011, 12:38 AM
do you think it would be a good idea to tell DDs, "I got you a new Lego set, you're going to love it! Another house! And you can't play with it now b/c it's time to get ready for bed, and tomorrow we have swimming and softball so you can't play with it until late tomorrow afternoon!"

And then be SHOCKED by the complete screaming meltdown DD2 has after this. And now be fighting with her about when she can use it.

Really, is it your first day here or what? WT flying F.

Makes my DH offering DS2 a dollar to lay down for bed seem tame in comparison.

KrisM
06-11-2011, 12:40 AM
Clearly, he wasnt thinking. Boy, was that dumb!

TwinFoxes
06-11-2011, 03:57 AM
Oh no! If your DD wasn't so sad this would be funny. How could he not see that coming?