PDA

View Full Version : Best stroller for carpet

Shawna31
06-10-2011, 08:17 PM
I have 2 year old twins. I'm in love with our double stroller, and never had the need for a single one until now. My son has Mitochondrial Disease. He is tiny for his age, so I would like to postpone getting a wheelchair as long as possible. Because of his disease progression, he now refuses to walk quite a bit. After a month of carrying him everywhere when we are home, I have decided that I need to get a stroller for him instead. I would like to spend under $100, if possible. My house is carpeted, and ideally I would like to be able to push him with one hand. It needs a basket underneath for his Oxygen and feeding backpack, but they are pretty small. It also needs to recline some. Any ideas?

georgiegirl
06-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Maybe a baby jogger city mini. Since it has a bar handle, you will be able to push it with one hand. I'm not sure how it handles on carpet specifically though. But it is comfy and has a great recline, and the new baskets are a bit easier to access than the old ones, and should be large enough for your needs. You might be able to find a used one on craigslist.

Many hugs to you, and your son is in my prayers.

Shawna31
06-11-2011, 12:20 PM
We have the double mini and I love it. The Micro is more in my price range though. How does the push compare?

jerry_mishkata
06-11-2011, 12:54 PM
I am not sure if that is important, but perhaps you should think about strollers that will be easy to maneuver AROUND furniture/toys on the floor/small baby-safe gates etc. Your other toddler does not have the disease, right? So there will be lots of toys lying around at least. Maybe the stroller with the smallest footprint is appropriate in that case? I would do uppababy g-luxe or something similar (Mac quest/triumph) used. The BJCM are too wide for use indoors IMO. I know I have issues with my quad, which is narrower than a BJCM, and fitting it around toys, laundry baskets, etc in our small hallways (NYC apartment). If I were using the stroller only indoors, I would be using my g-luxe. Then you might have a huge house with huge hallways or something... Just my 2 c

Shawna31
06-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Another question: if I wanted to add a toddler board to it, would that change the vote? I'm willing to spend a bit more for a stroller that would work well with a board for his twin. I'm sure this will be something that I will get more use out of.