PDA

View Full Version : Amazon cancelled my Callisto order, now what?

OKKiddo
06-11-2011, 12:12 AM
After listening to all of your fabulous advice (http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=400016) I hit 1-click buy button on Amazon.com for a Cybex Callisto in Purple for $199. I waited for a delivery confirmation and finally emailed to ask about it only to find that they had canceled the order because they were out of stock but didn't reflect that online. :(

They're refunding my money and offering me a 10% discount on the 2011 Callisto (there's a sitewide 5% off right now but I don't know if they'll let me combine the two). The total I spent on 2009 was $238 (for the stroller and car seat adapter). Basically with the 10% discount I'd only have to spend another $76 for the 2011 (and then another $25 for the car seat adapter or $142 more for the newborn carry cot).

Or I could TRY to purchase their last 2010 Callisto in Stone (I say try because they might cancel that one too if their inventory process is running slowly) for $279.95 ($269.95 after sitewide 5% off) and the newborn carry cot for $99 ($94 after discount). Then I'd have a fully newborn friendly system for just another $125. But it's in STONE--definitely not the color that I want. :(

Or I could take that $238 and put it towards a different stroller. Or save it and put another $250 with it at the beginning of July (total of $488) for a whole different kind of stroller. Why oh WHY do there have to be so many different kinds of strollers out there that I'd love to have?

And while we're at it, convince me that I don't need a Stark as a just in case kind of stroller (saw the pictures with the canopy and the all too great price of $59.99). :)

Kaylee31
06-12-2011, 12:03 AM
I wouldn't buy a stroller in a color I didn't really like, even if it was cheaper. If the Callisto is the stroller you want (and the purple is to die for :) ) I would go ahead and get the 2011. It's slightly cheaper from Baby Viva though-- $297.xx with code BRU15. Only works on the stroller, not the carrycot.
http://www.babyviva.com/product/999513-10753/cybex-callisto-stroller-purple-potion.html
I'm confused- why will you need a different kind of stroller in July?
The Starck does seem like an awesome bargain. Of course, you won't be able to use it with your youngest for quite a while, but it would be great for travel and for your older DCs.

OKKiddo
06-12-2011, 09:59 AM
I wouldn't buy a stroller in a color I didn't really like, even if it was cheaper. If the Callisto is the stroller you want (and the purple is to die for :) ) I would go ahead and get the 2011. It's slightly cheaper from Baby Viva though-- $297.xx with code BRU15. Only works on the stroller, not the carrycot.
http://www.babyviva.com/product/999513-10753/cybex-callisto-stroller-purple-potion.html
I'm confused- why will you need a different kind of stroller in July?
The Starck does seem like an awesome bargain. Of course, you won't be able to use it with your youngest for quite a while, but it would be great for travel and for your older DCs.

Definitely not looking for a black colored stroller. This is my first girl and I'm wanting to take advantage of that by having all the girly gear, lol. I don't need a new stroller in July, but I will have more money saved up by July so that I could double what I can spend right now. So, come July I'd have closer to $500 instead of just $240'ish. I could probably have more if I wanted to purge more of our baby wearing stash that I haven't worn in a long time but I was planning to sell those to get pink baby wearing stuff. :)

As far as the Starck, I was thinking that it was too good of a deal to pass up and would be a great just in case stroller/travel stroller for the boys--something I could even toss in the tiny cargo are of my husband's Jeep for when he drives the boys somewhere (the whole family doesn't fit in the Jeep anymore so baby girl and I won't be going on those trips). And the Starck looks fairly simple for my hubby to operate, which is always a bonus.

arivecchi
06-12-2011, 10:11 AM
I would grab the 2011 Callisto in purple. So pretty.

roseyloxs
06-12-2011, 11:27 AM
I would grab the 2011 Callisto in purple. So pretty.

:yeahthat:

candaceb
06-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Baby Gizmo just posted a coupon code that makes the Callisto $224

http://www.ratedbymom.com/2011/06/20-off-cybex-strollers/

OKKiddo
06-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Baby Gizmo just posted a coupon code that makes the Callisto $224

http://www.ratedbymom.com/2011/06/20-off-cybex-strollers/

SWEEEEEET! Thanks!

OKKiddo
06-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Just ordered it! :) But when I hit the return to anb baby button after I used paypal, it came back as an invalid command...but that was after I'd completed payment and I had to choose to log out of paypal or go back to shopping. I'm sure it went through, right?

Kaylee31
06-13-2011, 12:07 AM
Just ordered it! :) But when I hit the return to anb baby button after I used paypal, it came back as an invalid command...but that was after I'd completed payment and I had to choose to log out of paypal or go back to shopping. I'm sure it went through, right?

Check your inbox or PP account activity. I usually get an email w/my PP receipt right away after I make a payment.

OKKiddo
06-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Check your inbox or PP account activity. I usually get an email w/my PP receipt right away after I make a payment.

Yep, got an email from Paypal and the stroller company! :)

OKKiddo
06-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Banging my head against the wall here! The amazon seller that I purchased the 2009 purple callisto and car seat adapter from and then got an email saying it was no longer available and I would be refunded just sent me an email saying the car seat adapter was shipped and my account was charged the FULL $238!!! For a $24.95 car seat adapter!!! ARGHH!!!

On hold with the company now and they're saying that the stroller shipped as well, but that isn't reflected in the email they sent me. I've been on hold for 10 minutes. Terrible!

OKKiddo
06-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Now 15 minutes on hold. And counting.

OKKiddo
06-15-2011, 12:10 PM
At 27 minutes I will not give up. I will hang up, redial and expect better results!

arivecchi
06-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Why not just ask Amazon to call you and tell them the seller does not answer their phone?

This is why I stick to Amazon.com as a seller. Too many sketchy merchants on there.

Cannot believe they screwed up that badly.

OKKiddo
06-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Ok, so 30 mins of waiting on hold with Comfort 1st only to find out that they really have shipped out the "unavailable" 2009 Callisto and car seat adapter. Apparently they had a duplicate order in their system--for which they said was a problem in their system, not in how I ordered, so they sent out the unavailable email to me for one order but were fulfilling the order for the second. So, that's how I get a stroller from them after they said it was unavailable and never issued a refund. I was instructed to refuse delivery on the stroller and that once the item is returned that I'll get my refund. I am not a happy camper here.