PDA

View Full Version : Which JJB diaper bag?

jzupek
06-11-2011, 11:18 AM
And we're onto picking out a diaper bag...this will be our first child, so we only need room for one right now, I tend to carry bags on the larger size (or at least my purses tend to always be larger)...Still I don't need something huge, just a "full size" diaper bag that I will be able to pack with all the necessities, and manage to be semi stylish at the same time. I think I have it narrowed down to a JuJuBe Be All, BFF or Be Spicy...I just can't make up my mind between the three...so any input to help me make my decision?? One note, I do realize you can wear the BFF 3 ways, but I don't really see myself wearing it as a backpack...more in the other 2 options. We have a vista stroller, so would like to be able to clip on there as well (that's fine if we have to buy stroller clips seperately..). Thank you!

Kymberley
06-11-2011, 11:25 AM
All three are great bags. I have two Alls that I switch between. The BFF is also very nice, but I don't have one because I would only use it as a backpack and I already have several of those. I guess it depends on which style bag you prefer. You can actually wear all of the ones you have listed crossbody. If you prefer a zipper closure, the BFF is a great choice. If you prefer a flap closure, the All is the way to go. And if you prefer a tote, go with the Spicy. They all hold about the same amount, they just pack differently. If you would like to see packed pics of all the bags, the Pink Room has a great photo index. HTH!

mackmama
06-12-2011, 03:01 PM
The BFF is a great size, but you can't remove the backpack straps so those might get in the way for you. The Be Fabulous is basically the same as the BFF without the backpack option so that might be perfect for you. I'd probably suggest the Be All over the Spicy due to better organization and more pockets.

star04
06-13-2011, 10:17 AM
The BFF is a great size, but you can't remove the backpack straps so those might get in the way for you. The Be Fabulous is basically the same as the BFF without the backpack option so that might be perfect for you. I'd probably suggest the Be All over the Spicy due to better organization and more pockets.

The BFF straps are removable. You can switch between the backpack straps and the messenger straps.

indigo99
06-13-2011, 10:30 AM
If they carry these in person near you then check them out. I have the packabe and find it too heavy compared to my LLBean diaper bag. It's a very good looking bag, but I've never even bothered moving everything over and using it because of the weight. All those super nice materials, metal clasps, and magnets just make it heavy.

Momto1
06-13-2011, 11:13 AM
If they carry these in person near you then check them out. I have the packabe and find it too heavy compared to my LLBean diaper bag. It's a very good looking bag, but I've never even bothered moving everything over and using it because of the weight. All those super nice materials, metal clasps, and magnets just make it heavy.

Just FYI - They've changed the materials on the newer bags to make them lighter. I have an "old material" packabe and yes - it is heavy, but I also have a newer material BFF and I don't find it heavy at all.

AnnieW625
06-13-2011, 11:27 AM
I have the Be Spicy (Lotus Lullaby) and I really like it. I use it for DD2 (1) but I also like the size because I can fit in extra stuff for DD1 (5) if need be. I found it lighter than the Pack A Be too. I think it's a very versitle bag. I also had to have a zipper so the Be Spicy fit that bill too. If the Be All would've had a zipper I would've gone with that one. I don't like pleather so had the Be Fabulous been out then I wouldn't have gotten that one either.

vahnessuh
06-13-2011, 03:40 PM
I would reconsider the backpack option. I, too, hated backpacks and could never imagine myself wearing one. But after having my daughter who is super active... it's a must have to keep your hands free. Plus, it's good for the shoulders and back if you tend to over pack like me.

Now that my daughter is 3 and can be controlled... and I don't have to bring anything else other than wipes, I like crossbody bags now. I only wear my totes and shoulder bags when I don't have her around.