PDA

View Full Version : favorite pink paint for baby girl's room?

MommytoEliana
06-11-2011, 12:44 PM
We're ready to paint the nursery for DD2, and I'm trying to decide which shade of pink to use. I want the nursery to have a fresh, bright, fun feel but I think most of that will come from accessories. I do _not_ want the pink to turn Pepto on the walls.

I'm leaning toward either Elephant Pink or Ribbon Pink from Benjamin Moore; they are on the same strip but the Elephant Pink is the lightest and the Ribbon Pink is the next one down. The room is south-facing and gets a lot of light during the main part of the day, so I'm wondering if the first one would get washed out...but I'm afraid the second one might be too bright.

Does anyone have experience with either of these two colors or do you have another favorite that you like? I don't want anything too peachy; we'll be accessorizing with darker pink and aqua, with a few splashes of green. The curtains will either be white sheers or possibly Amy Butler's Midwest Modern Fresh Poppies Ivory (https://www.fabric.com/creativity-headquarters-tied-to-my-apron-strings-retro-mod-home-decor-fabric-amy-butler-midwest-modern-ii-amy-butler-midwest-modern-ii-fresh-poppies-ivory.aspx?cm_vc=756b1813-cbc1-43b3-84bd-29889bf8fb7b), which is the primary fabric in the baby quilt my mom is making for her wall (along with some darker pink and aqua fabrics). The trim is currently a natural oak but in theory we will eventually paint it a soft white. However, the crib will still be a natural wood (much though I would love to splurge on a new white one). Art on the walls will have soft white frames.

TIA for any help!

mackmama
06-11-2011, 12:59 PM
No experience with pink paint, but I just wanted to say your nursery sounds like it will be gorgeous!! I'd love to see a pic after it's all done if you'd like to share. In terms of the Elephant or Ribbon BM color, I'd probably go with the lighter Elephant on 3 walls and the Ribbon on the wall that gets the most light.

waitingforgrace
06-11-2011, 01:44 PM
No experience with the colors you are looking at but I would choose the lightest pink. I generally find the lighter colors work better even with lots of sun exposure. Since you are using lots of bold (and gorgeous fabric btw) accessories I would keep the walls very light or it could all get overwhelming.

MommytoEliana
06-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the responses! The more I think about it, I'm pretty sure the lighter pink is the way to go. That way I can really have fun with the fabrics and accessories without feeling like everything is a sea of too much pink. I'm eager to get things in order!

I'll be sure to post some pictures when we're done. Thanks again!

AnnieW625
06-12-2011, 05:19 PM
We used Sherwin Williams Patient White. Benjamin Moore Strawberry n Cream was also recommended to us, but we liked that Patient White had a little bit more white in it and therefore didn't look so bubble gummy.

I am not sure if it's made anymore but we painted our hallway Calla Lilly by Ralph Lauren (we bought at Home Depot, but I don't think they carry it anymore) and it definitely adds a little peach to the pink, but I could totally see it working in a girls bedroom too.

longtallsally05
06-14-2011, 12:28 PM
No experience with the colors you are looking at but I would choose the lightest pink...

:yeahthat: When you put white in a pink room, the walls instantly look brighter, a la Pepto Bismal. The natural wood furniture will help you avoid this, but it still happens. My sister used Lauren paint from Sherwin Williams (I think) and even though DN's furniture is oak, it still looked like Pepto to me. Go for the lighter pink. It sounds like your nursery will be beautiful.