PDA

View Full Version : Double bicycle trailer

Candyshop1999
06-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Need a double bicycle trailer. Ready to put the twins in it :) I see many covert to strollers now. Any suggestions? Or maybe I need another forum? I know nothing about bike trailers and am thinking this would be a great Father's Day gift. Thanks!!

ashleybama24
06-12-2011, 08:49 AM
We just got the Baby Jogger Switchback. DH took it out yesterday for the first time and loves it! Installation was very easy and the fact that it folds flat is awesome. He said it didn't even feel like he was pulling extra weight and DS fell asleep in it after 10 mins!

lhafer
06-12-2011, 09:35 AM
I recently got a Schwinn Joyrider bike trailer and love it. I got it on sale at TRU. Very smooth ride, very easy to push, very easy to convert from trailer to stroller, LOVE the cover, both my 15 month old and my 5 year old fit together without being sardines.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10917912

I have pics of my girls in it on a thread on here somewhere....

Found it: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=398511&highlight=schwinn+bike

Candyshop1999
06-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Thanks! I will look into them both!

mrspeachykeen
06-13-2011, 10:58 AM
We have a cheap Schwinn that I got on sale at Target. We are only toodling around the neighborhood. My dad rented a Burley Bee just to try it out before buying and loved it. He is a real cyclist and thought that it was great. They don't live near us so he decided just to rent one when he wanted it rather than spend $$$ on it, but it is one of the cheaper Burley's but still very nice.

lhafer
06-13-2011, 01:02 PM
The other one I was looking into was the Buryley Encore. But at twice the price for similar features of the Joyrider - plus I am not an avid cyclist - I just couldn't bring myself to spend the extra money. I already had to shell out $$$ for a new bike. I figure if over the next year or so I find myself really enjoying riding, and riding a lot - then I will sell the Joyrider and upgrade to a Burley or Chariot. But until I didn't want a huge chunk of money just sitting in my garage!! :D

Kaylee31
06-13-2011, 02:02 PM
It seems like the best ones are the Chariot Cougar 2, Burley D'lite or Encore, Baby Jogger Switchback, or the Schwinn Joyrider. The Joyrider comes with the stroller kit, but all the others come separately, I believe. It's a shame you missed the REI sale a few weeks ago.
This is a great price on a Cougar 2 though. http://www.o2gearshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2&language=en&currency=USD&products_id=32056&zmam=55982562&zmas=1&zmac=1&zmap=32056

ashleybama24
06-13-2011, 02:31 PM
The switchback can either be a jogger or bike trailer. It comes with the jogger wheel and it takes seconds to install.

The most important feature is whether or not the trailer has a metal roll bar in case it were to ever tip over in an accident. As long as that is there you can then find a trailer in any price range.

Candyshop1999
06-13-2011, 09:31 PM
I ordered the Baby Jogger Switchback. I found it on dealomite.com and got another 10% off using a coupon code...total 280. Fathers Day gift....I think he will love it :)
thanks for ur suggestions!!!