PDA

View Full Version : triumph vs liteway need input asap

trcy
06-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Before DD was born I got a Maclaren Triumph with the thought I would be able use it at 3 mo. She is now almost 6 mo and still does not have neck strength for it. The thread on umbrella stoller that can be used from birth introduced me to the Chicco Liteway; so of course DH and I had to go to BRU to check it out. DH is sold and want to exchange the Triumph for the Liteway before we go out of town in a few days. I told him I needed to check with the experts first. My only real concern with the Liteway is the upper weight limit of 40# vs 55# with the Triumph. Is this a concern? Please give me as much input as you can. TIA!!!

ETA: Features I am looking for-full recline, lightweight, compact fold

rin
06-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Have you tried adding a snuzzler to the Triumph? Might be cheaper than getting a whole new stroller and could tide your DD over until her neck muscles are stronger.

georgiegirl
06-12-2011, 10:07 PM
The liteway seemed kind of flimsy and plasticy to me. The mac is higher quality. I'd try the snuzzler idea or get a quest instead.

legaleagle
06-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Just FYI, the quest and triumph have the exact same amount of recline, just different recline mechanisms. I'd also check out the cybex onyx - it has a full flat recline.

Also, are you sure you have the triumph reclined all the way? It's pretty reclined at the lowest setting much flatter than a carseat.

liamsmom
06-12-2011, 10:29 PM
I've owned both a Quest and a Liteway. I really liked the Liteway--it was cute, had a full, one-handed recline and an awesome cup holder. It was on the heavier side so it didn't tip. But it was cheap and I'm not sure how it would push now that my DS is a year older. Or how well it would have held up by now.

The Quest (and Triumph) is noticeably better in quality--better fabrics and stronger (metal, not plastic) frames. The wheels are also better quality. They are also much lighter, and therefore much tippier. I also prefer the canopies on the Triumph/Quest.

I would say get a stroller that seems to be more comfortable for your DD, but you might not want to get the Liteway--you really won't get your money's worth out of it. You could get a bigger Mac--a Ryder or a Techno--even the Quest has a deeper recline and might be more comfortable for her. The snuzzler doesn't sound like a bad idea either.

Macs aren't the end-all be-all of umbrella strollers. I hear the Uppababy G-luxe is really nice and closer in price and features to the Liteway. You might just want to look for other umbrellas with full or 3/4 reclines. I'd also recommend checking out the BJCM. Sometimes, particularly when I'm trying to fold my Maclaren in the rain, I wonder why I didn't give the BJCM more consideration.

abh5e8
06-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Just FYI, the quest and triumph have the exact same amount of recline, just different recline mechanisms. I'd also check out the cybex onyx - it has a full flat recline.

Also, are you sure you have the triumph reclined all the way? It's pretty reclined at the lowest setting much flatter than a carseat.

really? i thought the quest had more recline then the triumph?

legaleagle
06-12-2011, 10:51 PM
See here: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=393644

Quest, triumph, and g-luxe all have the same recline.

abh5e8
06-12-2011, 11:16 PM
how interesting...thank you so much! are there any good comparison threads of the 3, the quest, triumph and g-luxe?

trcy
06-13-2011, 09:07 AM
I see what you mean about the difference in quality. The cybex looks nice, but the cost is not. If we did make a change it would need to be something near the cost of the triumph. I just looked at BRU's website and the green triumph (the color we have) is now $50 less than the other colors. Since it was a gift and we don't have a receipt I would assume we would get store credit for the lower amout. So, I guess we will stick with the triumph unless there is another option I am missing :signthankspin:

AnnieW625
06-13-2011, 06:25 PM
I would keep the Triumph, it's a much sturdier stroller IMHO, and the quality of the Maclaren is much better (a pretty full stainless water bottle in the basket solves the tipping issue). I would get a snuzzler or something. I have read posts here about people complaining about the Liteway. Our Triumph was our do everything but excercise stroller with DD1 until she was over 2 yrs. old. I love it.