PDA

View Full Version : Can someone measure a 2011 City Mini!?!?

beltm
06-13-2011, 12:47 AM
So i just researched the City Mini and the 2010 models had a canopy height of 23 inches, and i am reading that the new ones have a higher clearance!!! Cann someone please measure the height of the seat back and the seat to canopy height on a 2011 for me? I have found 3 different sources stating the canopy is 24, 25 or 26 inches, and the the seat back is 20 or 21 inches. Is the Mini a more compact fold than the elite? I really want something lighter than my elite that i can fly with. I really wanted the Mini but my son did not fit in it at BRUS. But.....if the 2011 has a higher seat back and canopy then it would be perfect!!! Or is that redundant to have both a Mini and an Elite? One would be for the mall and travel, the elite is my all-terrain.

lhafer
06-13-2011, 03:38 AM
Did you see this review that Holly did on the 2011? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgVuzEwho5U The 2010 and 2011 have very similar diminsions (if they are different at all).

She says it's 20" on the seat back and 26" to the top of the canopy. I can measure my 2010 tomorrow, and measure the 2011 that I got for my sister that's sitting in my garage tomorrow (well...today since it's 2:30am!!). But she had the same measurements for the 2010 model too.

My 5 year old can sit in the stroller without any problems, and her head hung off the edge of the Triumph I used to have.

The mini is much more compact that the elite. I have a mini and a classic, and i believe the Classic and the Elite are the same size. I can take some comparison pics for you tomorrow.

beltm
06-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Did you see this review that Holly did on the 2011? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgVuzEwho5U The 2010 and 2011 have very similar diminsions (if they are different at all).

She says it's 20" on the seat back and 26" to the top of the canopy. I can measure my 2010 tomorrow, and measure the 2011 that I got for my sister that's sitting in my garage tomorrow (well...today since it's 2:30am!!). But she had the same measurements for the 2010 model too.

My 5 year old can sit in the stroller without any problems, and her head hung off the edge of the Triumph I used to have.

The mini is much more compact that the elite. I have a mini and a classic, and i believe the Classic and the Elite are the same size. I can take some comparison pics for you tomorrow.

thank you i would really appreciate some pics. i saw hollie's review and i just called baby jogger who told me the head clearance height is 23 inches, so i am confused. i also called buy buy baby and they measured for me and also said 23 inches, so i'm not sure where this 26 inch measurement is coming from. I would really appreciate a measurement and picture if you could. I was all set to get the micro, but if the mini has 26 inches of head clearance, i would rather get that. Thank you.

lhafer
06-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Okay - here are pictures of a 2010 BJCM and a 2011 BJCM. They measured the same for me. The actual seat back is 20" from the very top of the seat to right where the seat starts curving (right above the fold strap). The difference is where you measure it. The BJCM doesn't have a partcilar 90degree angle to measure from. As you can see in the pictures - the top of the canopy can be anywhere from 24"-26" depending on where you put the end of the measuring tape.

I'm kind of confused as to what you are worried about. The canopy on the Baby Joggers (all of them I believe) are some of the highest (if not THE highest) on the market. My 5 year old can still easily fit in the BJCM, and I have seen older kids fit as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

https://picasaweb.google.com/llhafer/BJCM2010Vs2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCPD9k5Ge-Ib3wAE#5617786338444850242

I have a BJCM and a BJCC (which was disconinued for the Elite) - so no, I don't think they are redundant. :D

pampers37
06-13-2011, 09:23 PM
https://picasaweb.google.com/llhafer/BJCM2010Vs2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCPD9k5Ge-Ib3wAE#5617786338444850242

I have a BJCM and a BJCC (which was disconinued for the Elite) - so no, I don't think they are redundant. :D

awesome, thanks for posting a picture!

beltm
06-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Okay - here are pictures of a 2010 BJCM and a 2011 BJCM. They measured the same for me. The actual seat back is 20" from the very top of the seat to right where the seat starts curving (right above the fold strap). The difference is where you measure it. The BJCM doesn't have a partcilar 90degree angle to measure from. As you can see in the pictures - the top of the canopy can be anywhere from 24"-26" depending on where you put the end of the measuring tape.

I'm kind of confused as to what you are worried about. The canopy on the Baby Joggers (all of them I believe) are some of the highest (if not THE highest) on the market. My 5 year old can still easily fit in the BJCM, and I have seen older kids fit as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you so much for doing that!!! my 3 YEAR OLD weighs 34 lbs and is just over 40 inches, and has a very long torso, and hits at least where your daughter hits in the stroller, so my concern is that he doesn't have much room to grow in the mini. I did go to Buy Buy Baby yesterday and we actually called baby jogger from the store and Baby Jogger themselves reported that the 2011 City Mini has a head clearance of 23 inches. i measured and i could kind of stretch it to 24ish inches, but there was no way i was measureing 26 inches of head clearance. that was why i'm so concerned. He fits in my Elite much better with plenty of room to grow. Thank you for doing that. I really LOVE the mini and would love to get one for my mall/travle stroller, but i think i'm going to have to go with either the Micro or the new Britax B Agile solely for the extra headroom.