PDA

View Full Version : Mini-figures Series 5

billysmommy
06-13-2011, 08:58 AM
They'll be released this summer

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/8805_Minifigures_Series_5

I love Cleopatra, the cavewoman, guy in the dinosaur suit, the gangster and the zookeeper.

alien_host
07-21-2011, 11:21 PM
They are available for pre-order at TRU at MSRP, $2.99 with free shipping over $75. I did this for series 4 and I was able to sit in my own home and try and figure out what was in each bag, instead of getting weird looks at the store. ;)

I think they are scheduled to ship Aug 16th.

I love the zookeeper, mainly b/c of the monkey!

cilantromapuche
07-22-2011, 08:49 AM
I LOVE this series. My problem is that DH drank the kool aid recently and one of us needs to be sane.

jgenie
07-22-2011, 10:27 AM
They are available for pre-order at TRU at MSRP, $2.99 with free shipping over $75. I did this for series 4 and I was able to sit in my own home and try and figure out what was in each bag, instead of getting weird looks at the store. ;)

I think they are scheduled to ship Aug 16th.

I love the zookeeper, mainly b/c of the monkey!

Did you keep all of the extras or were you able to return the unopened packages?

alien_host
07-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Did you keep all of the extras or were you able to return the unopened packages?

I did return some unopened, you only get store credit at TRU if you return an online order in-store, but I'm OK with that and you have 90 days to return. I think I almost got a whole set the last time and I bought maybe 25-30?

It was the way to go last time so I didn't make extra trips to TRU trying to find them or make endless phone calls to the Lego Store and TRU asking if they came in or not.

GaPeach_in_Ca
07-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Ah, those are so cute. My kids aren't that excited by minifigs, though, so I'll probably resist.

Corie
07-22-2011, 06:31 PM
I have been wondering about the Series 5 mini-figures. I'm
so glad that you posted!!

alien_host
08-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Brickset.com is reporting sighting at US TRU stores (and Five Below). Let the hunt begin!

alien_host
08-19-2011, 05:07 PM
I got my preorder from TRU. We got 9 of the 16. I'll have to hunt down the other 7 (and some extras we want). They are cute. I wonder if Lego will make a Buckingham Palace set since the Royal Guard would be perfect for it ;) Although the palace might cost as much as the Taj Mahal did!

Corie
08-24-2011, 02:50 PM
My neighbor just bought some at our Toys R Us. She bought me 10.

Now I need to go back and buy LOTS more!!

cilantromapuche
08-25-2011, 03:10 PM
DH went to five below and found all the ones that he wanted. He didn't have a hard time telling them apart

alien_host
08-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Our TRU didn't have them (I guess they got one box but they were sold out). I need to get to Five Below or the Lego Store and see if they have come in.

From the ones we have, they are easy to feel and I'm guessing on a few:

graduate: feel for the square diploma
gladiator: round shield and sword
royal guard: hat is pretty bulky then reconfirm with the rifle
ice fisherman: fishing poll and fish
cave woman: the club gives her away
godzilla: there is a separate tail piece that is sort of like an "s"
zookeeper: monkey is bulky
lumberjack: axe
small clown: feel for the short legs and the pie
fitness instructor: boom box
evil dwarf: short legs, shild and helmet and axe
sherlock: magnifying glass
boxer: no accessory and the gloves are attached to the arms
cleopatra: skirt and snake
gangster: gun case
snowboarder: snowboard

billysmommy
08-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Our TRU didn't have them (I guess they got one box but they were sold out). I need to get to Five Below or the Lego Store and see if they have come in.

If you went to Framingham, we'd just gotten all they had left :o

Ds2 had to get his last 2 shots before K and I promised him some mini-figures afterwards. They had 8 packs left so we got those and then they each picked out 2 of the Playmobil mystery figures since Playmobil was B1G150%off. We were there ~3:30

alien_host
08-25-2011, 06:03 PM
If you went to Framingham, we'd just gotten all they had left :o

Ds2 had to get his last 2 shots before K and I promised him some mini-figures afterwards. They had 8 packs left so we got those and then they each picked out 2 of the Playmobil mystery figures since Playmobil was B1G150%off. We were there ~3:30

I was in Dedham so no worries! I didn't think to look for the Playmobil figs...I quickly went through that aisle and DD said, "no more Playmobil" and we moved on.

You haven't seen the minifigs at the Natick Lego Store have you?

I did get the SW Lego Advent Calendar since I had a 20% off coupon and $10 in TRU rewards....we went to get the Hello Kitty Mega Blox (a sin I know but DD loves HK) house but it was sold out. Now DD wants to do the Advent now and not wait til Dec.

billysmommy
08-25-2011, 08:41 PM
I was in Dedham so no worries! I didn't think to look for the Playmobil figs...I quickly went through that aisle and DD said, "no more Playmobil" and we moved on.

You haven't seen the minifigs at the Natick Lego Store have you?

I did get the SW Lego Advent Calendar since I had a 20% off coupon and $10 in TRU rewards....we went to get the Hello Kitty Mega Blox (a sin I know but DD loves HK) house but it was sold out. Now DD wants to do the Advent now and not wait til Dec.

I called Natick on our way home from the Dr and they said they only had 6 packs left from what they received this week and would be getting more in next Monday/Tuesday.

Corie
08-26-2011, 05:16 PM
I have 15 out of the 16. So close! I'll keep trying!

I found them at our Toys R Us and at Target today.

alien_host
08-26-2011, 08:01 PM
LEGO Store in Braintree, MA has them, I hope I picked out all the ones we are missing. I was in there for 40 minutes or so and I was the only one buying those things!

Burlington, MA sold out but is getting a shipment Mon/Tues.

Happy Hunting. I really LOVE the cleopatra and the zoo keeper, those are my faves so far!

alien_host
08-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Well I went through and "felt" all the packs and I do have a full set...yay! Although now I feel it is anticlimatic that I'm already finished with this series ;) Bring on Series 6!

nicknack
08-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Ack, have to get on this, I think I like them more than the kids!

But wait, hold the phone, there are mystery playmobil figs now?!?! Where have I been?!

jvs195
08-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Ack, have to get on this, I think I like them more than the kids!

But wait, hold the phone, there are mystery playmobil figs now?!?! Where have I been?!

I just discovered these today. I LOVE them!! There are pink bags with girly ones and blue bags with boy ones. CLever. $2.99 each and more detailed than Lego (not that my love for those has died any)

Oh and online TRU is limiting Series 5 to 3 per customer. Grrrr..