PDA

View Full Version : Bob/Bugaboo at Disney?

lmwbasye
06-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Hi there!

We are planning a 2 week trip and leaving on Saturday. Most of our time will be in San Diego and we will be visiting places like the zoo, legoland, etc. We will also do 3 days in Disney (staying off site, driving to park). I'm tempted to bring either our Bob or Bugaboo Cameleon for our 3.5 year old. He is not one to walk far (doesn't even make it to the airport) and so I definitely need a stroller. I could bring a Mac Quest/Volo, but they are just so much more annoying to push and I'd still have to carry a diaper bag (he's not potty trained yet). I think the Bob or Bug would just be so much easier (although take up more room in the car).

Anyway, was wondering your thoughts from those who have been there. Also, I have a 6.5 year old I'm guessing won't need a stroller (please tell me if I'm wrong on this).

TIA!

arivecchi
06-13-2011, 10:28 AM
I would take the Bob for sure. Your older DS can sit in the footwell if he gets too tired.

AnnieW625
06-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Where are you staying off site? A lot of hotels offer shuttle and even with a fee it's probably cheaper than the $14 parking fee (unless that was included in your tickets).

Bring your Bob! If you park in the Mickey & Friends garage or the Chip & Dale (these are the lots off of Ball) lot it's about a 15 minute walk to the main gate, and it's honestly easier than having to deal with the tram. We have walked that with out Maclaren Triumph and it's done fine, but I bet it's even better with a Duallie:). If you park at Toy Story lots off of Katella and Harbor there is a shuttle bus (which is actually just as efficient, if not a little more than the trams) there which you can take or you can walk although it might be easier just to take the shuttle.

If you have a Bob Duallie or another double I might bring that, but really as long as you aren't doing marathon Disney and take some breaks during the day I think your 6.5 yr. old will be fine as long as the crowds aren't too bad (these days you just never know). My DD1 (5) did fine without a stroller in March with moderate to heavy attendance but in May (Mothers Day) when it was uber crowded she had a hard time walking and we were only there for 5 hours.

lmwbasye
06-13-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm leaning towards Bob.

We are staying at the Homewood Suites by the main gate (but still 2.5 miles from it...too far to walk).

So, here's my follow-up question: when you park there, can you avoid taking a tram or shuttle? My hotel does not provide one.

Momto1
06-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Bring BOB! We brought ours to Disneyland last month and I was so glad I had it.

It was a bit of a pain to get on and off the tram from the parking lot, but the rest of the time it was awesome (including during the super long nap that DD decided to take!)

AnnieW625
06-14-2011, 12:14 PM
So, here's my follow-up question: when you park there, can you avoid taking a tram or shuttle? My hotel does not provide one.

If you park at the Mickey & Friends garage or the Chip & Dale lot adjacent to it (although most of the time everyone except RVs parks in the garage) there is path that goes along the tram route and through downtown Disney, it takes about 15 minutes or so. From your area you are actually closer to the Toy Story lot, but that is going to be a longer walk so it's probably best to just park at the main garage.

WatchingThemGrow
06-14-2011, 02:20 PM
do you have a board for your Bugaboo? I find there is better sibling interaction (ie no kicking) when they have their dedicated spaces. The footwell thing works for us for a couple minutes, whereas the ride-on board seems to keep both people happier for longer.... The Cam's 2 parts don't have to be stored together in the trunk, remember...

BayAreaMom
06-15-2011, 05:45 PM
A bob was just stollen at Disneyland on 6/5:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2740675

I was there 6/6-6/9- most of the time I used a stroller lock to lock our strollers (a Mac and P3) together. Note that you shouldn't lock your stroller to anything solid (a fence for example)- the CMs need to be able to move them. But if you have a cable lock you can route it through the stroller wheels.
I have both a simple cable bike type lock and a fancier Buggyguard stroller lock. I also have the buggyguard carabiner lock for my diaper bag- I put that in the basket and lock it to the base of the stroller.
I know all sorts of people leave nice bags on their strollers. I carry a pretty big backpack with me all day with most of our stuff so I don't have to worry too much in case anything gets stolen.

smiles33
06-15-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm on DISBoards too and was going to post the warning here. I just bought this Master Lock Python cable from Amazon for $10.58 shipped (Prime eligible):

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/414SZB5vBdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

lmwbasye
06-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Hmm...the cable/lock sounds like a good idea, but I'm wondering if I'll really go through the process of locking it up and then unlocking it when we stop at every ride.

Thanks for the heads-up!

smiles33
06-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Hmm...the cable/lock sounds like a good idea, but I'm wondering if I'll really go through the process of locking it up and then unlocking it when we stop at every ride.

Thanks for the heads-up!

I wouldn't lock, unlock, move, and then lock it again at every ride, I'd do it at every "land." At Fantasyland, it's probably easy to just leave it one place, locked up, as you walk around to those rides. Then unlock to go to Tomorrowland or Adventureland....

lmwbasye
06-16-2011, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't lock, unlock, move, and then lock it again at every ride, I'd do it at every "land." At Fantasyland, it's probably easy to just leave it one place, locked up, as you walk around to those rides. Then unlock to go to Tomorrowland or Adventureland....

Ah...that makes sense. Can you tell it's our first time, LOL!

I went ahead and ordered the lock yesterday so we should be taken care of. Thanks, again, for the heads-up. It's so much appreciated as we haven't really been able to think things through with everything else going on.

AnnieW625
06-16-2011, 05:52 PM
I have never locked a stroller at DL, usually our Maclaren, and even when it was super busy on Mothers Day and we brought our Vista we were fine, however it doesn't mean it doesn't happen, but honestly a single person pushing a stroller around with no kids should get a security gaurds attention. I would leave one of the luggage gate check tags on the strollers or use a bright colored ribbon too.