PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need a "jogger" for an infant and a toddler!

lks
06-13-2011, 03:11 PM
I am looking for the best jogger or stroller with air-filled tires for my toddler and an infant. I am not pregnant yet, but I want a jogger for this summer that has the capability of holding both my toddler and a new baby whenever it arrives. SO - I don't want a traditional side by side double stroller. I have a seen a few strollers that have toddler seat attachments (Phil and Teds and the Valco). Any advice????

abh5e8
06-13-2011, 03:20 PM
i have the P&T sport...it has the second seat that sits under the 1st. its good in that it can be a 1 or 2 seat stroller, but it is not for running or jogging, as it has no hand break.

what do you plan to use the stroller for?

lks
06-13-2011, 03:26 PM
I am not a runner and don't intend to become one... SO - I don't need to worry about a stroller not being a good jogger. That's why I put jogger in quotes. I really just want the good handling and air-filled tires. I hate having to step on the back of the stroller to hike it up a curb. I just want something that's easy to push and handles well. I do not want a huge double stroller, because I just don't think it sounds very practical with a toddler who is already 19 months old. I want something that I can use NOW and if/when another little one comes along, I can still use the same stroller.

arivecchi
06-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Look at:

Phil and Teds Explorer
Phil and Ted Vibe
MB Plus One
MB Duet (as wide as a single)

Tandems without air filled tires but decent push:

Britax B-Ready
Uppababy Vista

legaleagle
06-13-2011, 03:36 PM
OP isn't even pregnant yet so the Duet wouldn't be a good option. I would go for a P&T - the push with the add on seat is better than that of a Valco and the resale is much better.

scriptkitten
06-13-2011, 03:51 PM
P&T for sure.

♥ms.pacman♥
06-13-2011, 05:28 PM
since u won't be using it to jog at all UppaBaby Vista could work. i bought it when i got pg with #2 and i used it a ton with my DS as a single. then when DD came i used the bassinet a ton and had DS use the Piggyback board. or i would put DS in Rumbleseat and DD in main seat. it works. i love the huge basket and i really liked h aving the option of having a bassinet (so DD could lie flat and have room to move around) for the first few months. i don't have any other double stroller.

AnnieW625
06-13-2011, 06:34 PM
since u won't be using it to jog at all UppaBaby Vista could work. i bought it when i got pg with #2 and i used it a ton with my DS as a single. then when DD came i used the bassinet a ton and had DS use the Piggyback board. or i would put DS in Rumbleseat and DD in main seat. it works. i love the huge basket and i really liked h aving the option of having a bassinet (so DD could lie flat and have room to move around) for the first few months. i don't have any other double stroller.

:yeahthat: I bought mine when I was pregnant with the baby we lost so it was DD1's stroller for long walks from the time she was 2, until she was 4. DD1 never fought me on the stroller (compared to the jogger she'd try to climb out of), and the bassinet was the only place DD2 would sleep in for the first 6 weeks or so. We didn't get the rumble seat or a piggy back board for it, but overall I have been very happy with the stroller. Now DD2 (13 mos.) loves the stroller. I wish they made air tires but other than some wear issues (that I believe they have fixed on newer models) on the tires I have been super happy with the stroller.