PDA

View Full Version : What size crocs and any deals? UPDATE post 23. :)

crl
06-13-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm thinking about getting some crocs for dd, 14 months old. They seem like they'd be great for family camp, no socks to keep track of and I can hose the dirt off. :).

She's in a size 5.5 in Pedipeds and LE Mary Janes. Should I get her the 6-7?

And any deals on these? What about the Target ones? I don't care too much about durability, just comfort.

Thanks!
Catherine

infocrazy
06-13-2011, 04:09 PM
DD is 15 months. She only wears between a 3 and 4 in most shoes. The 4-5 are too big for her. My kids all have little feet, but I can't imagine the 6-7 wouldn't be too big on a 15 month old--My newly 4 yr old JUST grew out of his 8-9. Can you try them on anywhere?

I would probably recommend regardless of the size that you get the croclings (I think they are called). They have a band that goes around the ankle that helps keep the shoe on better.

For DS1, I tried to get knock-offs ( a long time ago so.. ) and they really just weren't the same. He got a blister from the joint thing. I'd probably just go for the real thing.

crl
06-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Thanks! If it's any help, dd's feet are bigger than the 20 month old's across the street, we just handed some shoes up to her!

Catherine

Aishe
06-13-2011, 04:47 PM
I don't know if this helps any, but my (almost) 2.5 year old is currently wearing a 6-7 and I don't see him outgrowing them any time soon. He wears a 6 in Keens.

ETA: your dd is likely in between sizes in Crocs. The 4-5 will fit, but perhaps not for very long. I imagine the 6-7 would be very big right now.

crl
06-13-2011, 04:52 PM
I don't know if this helps any, but my (almost) 2.5 year old is currently wearing a 6-7 and I don't see him outgrowing them any time soon. He wears a 6 in Keens.

Ok, that does help some as we have a pair of hand me down keens that are too big, but not absurdly so, in size 7. It kind of sounds like she is probably in between sizes. . . . I found a decent deal in size 4-5, maybe I should just order those. Or maybe I should swing by Sports Basement when I pick ds up from school and see if they have any for her to try on. Hmm, or I might be able to find some in the neighborhood for her to try on.

Catherine

ETA. Yes, I think you are right that she is probably between sizes. I am more concerned with them fitting right now than I am with how long she can use them. Wonder if the 4-5 would work for now or if they would just be too, too small? Thanks!

star04
06-13-2011, 05:05 PM
DD is 23 months and is just now outgrowing her size 4/5 of the regular Crocs (I think Cayman style?). She is also outgrowing her size 6 shoes and moving into 7s.

crl
06-13-2011, 05:10 PM
DD is 23 months and is just now outgrowing her size 4/5 of the regular Crocs (I think Cayman style?). She is also outgrowing her size 6 shoes and moving into 7s.

Thank you! Sounds like I should get the 4-5s.

Catherine

Aishe
06-13-2011, 06:20 PM
You might also try the Mary Jane style, which runs a little smaller than the Caymans IME. This is a pretty good price (be sure to click on "Children" for the right sizing).

http://www.crocs.com/crocs-girls-mary-jane/10034,default,pd.html?cid=670&cgid=outlet-girls

crl
06-13-2011, 09:25 PM
So the 4-5s were too small and the 5-6s were too big. :(. Maybe the Mary Janes in a 6-7 would work if they run smaller? Or any off brands that might work?

Thanks!
Catherine

mommytoC
06-13-2011, 10:13 PM
So the 4-5s were too small and the 5-6s were too big. :(. Maybe the Mary Janes in a 6-7 would work if they run smaller? Or any off brands that might work?

Thanks!
Catherine

DD#2 (25m) wears size 8, and has a pair of HMD Mary Janes in 8/9 that fit perfectly. She has more room in her other pair of 8/9s (Croclings, from ebay).
I'd give the 6/7 Mary Janes a try, or perhaps a pair of Finns:
http://www.crocs.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-crocs_us-Site/default/Search-Show?q=finn

Finns are similar to the old Crocling style, which are my favorite for little ones.

Edited to add: Perhaps a pair of Electros in size 6 would work better - I'd forgotten they come in single sizes :):
http://www.crocs.com/crocs-electro/10400,default,pd.html?cid=25J&q=electro

Good luck!

Aishe
06-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Here's a summary of my Crocs knock-offs experience:

- Target brand were really uncomfortable.
- TCP fell apart almost instantly.
- Polliwalks: love these! And they come in single sizes. But they seem nearly impossible to find these days for some reason.
- Walmart: No personal experience, but my MIL swears these are equal to Crocs in both comfort and quality.

But my first choice would be to try the Crocs Mary Janes, if only because they are so cute on a little girl.

HTH!

crl
06-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks you all! Hmm, I am wondering if should risk ordering online or if I should try to find some irl to try on. The closest place that stocks them did not have any MJs and had really limited sizes and was not expecting anymore until after I need them. . . . .

Maybe I should just order from zappos for the free returns.

Catherine

crl
06-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Oh, those electro clogs look promising. They had a pair in size 5 at the place I tried today and they were too small. A 6 ought to work. . . . And 2 day shipping and free returns, hmm.

Catherine

citymama
06-14-2011, 02:04 AM
Hijacking this thread - where could I get croc sz 2/3? My 13 month old has wee feet (fits perfectly into sz 6-12 month Pedipeds). I know that 4/5 Crocs are going to be too big, just based on past experience with Crocs. Do they still sell Croclings?

ourbabygirl
06-14-2011, 08:02 AM
If you're considering another style of Crocs (like the MJs), I would totally do Zappos for free returns or have her try them on somewhere... I ordered DD a pair of their MJs last summer, I think, when they were on sale for $9.99 on their outlet.... turned out they were too narrow for DD, so there went 10 bucks!
Good luck! :)

crl
06-14-2011, 08:26 AM
If you're considering another style of Crocs (like the MJs), I would totally do Zappos for free returns or have her try them on somewhere... I ordered DD a pair of their MJs last summer, I think, when they were on sale for $9.99 on their outlet.... turned out they were too narrow for DD, so there went 10 bucks!
Good luck! :)

Good to know. Her feet are definitely not narrow.

Catherine

AlbrightRC
06-14-2011, 10:11 AM
My soon to be 3 yr old son is a 9.5-10 in sneakers we just got him size 8-9 crocs.

lchang25000
06-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Crocs are on zulily today.

crl
06-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Crocs are on zulily today.

Thanks! They even have the electro clogs. Anyone know how fast they usually ship? I need these by the 1st.

Catherine

AnnieW625
06-15-2011, 12:23 PM

Thanks!
Catherine

I don't know if I would go as big as a 6-7 in the Mary Janes, I think they'd be too big!

Hijacking this thread - where could I get croc sz 2/3? My 13 month old has wee feet (fits perfectly into sz 6-12 month Pedipeds). I know that 4/5 Crocs are going to be too big, just based on past experience with Crocs. Do they still sell Croclings?

yes, they make Croc Littles (http://www.zappos.com/crocs-kids-crocs-littles-infant-bubblegum?zlfid=111) in a 2/3:boogie: I will get some for DD2!

anonomom
06-16-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks! They even have the electro clogs. Anyone know how fast they usually ship? I need these by the 1st.

Catherine

On the Zulily site, they're saying it takes 1-2 weeks to ship. You'd be cutting it close...

citymama
06-16-2011, 02:37 PM
yes, they make Croc Littles (http://www.zappos.com/crocs-kids-crocs-littles-infant-bubblegum?zlfid=111) in a 2/3:boogie: I will get some for DD2!

Ooh, this is the same price on the crocs website and I'd rather order from zappos so I can get free ship/returns. Thanks!

crl
06-21-2011, 10:54 PM
Dd's size 6 Electro clogs came today. They fit just right and she likes them. :)

Thank you all!
Catherine

mommytoC
06-22-2011, 09:00 AM
Dd's size 6 Electro clogs came today. They fit just right and she likes them. :)

Thank you all!
Catherine

I'm glad to hear it :) We haven't had a pair yet, but I've admired the cute color combos!