PDA

View Full Version : Anyone order a Kinies bag as diaper bag?

kaitlyns.mom
06-14-2011, 03:19 AM
I have been admiring these (http://www.etsy.com/listing/62697828/kinies-classic-in-dark-teal?ref=sr_gallery_2&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=kinies&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade) since before DS (5 months) was born!

Has anyone ordered one? I am so hesitant to pull the trigger because I'm wondering if the lack of structure would drive me crazy. Also can't decide on a color. I :heartbeat: the teal but the navy is probably more practical...

I've already bought (and returned) a PPB backpack - too bulky and heavy with the glazed material - and I sewed a large bag for myself but got impatient and left out the pockets. So it's a chasm and I spend 5 minutes looking for my keys. But now I don't want to spend the money on another $100 bag, so here I am.

HonoluluMom
06-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Never ordered one of these bags, but I have to say they're beautiful! I'm tempted to buy one just for every day use.

As far as a diaper bag, I love that you can use it as a shoulder bag and messenger bag. Also like the many pockets. It can transition very easily from being a diaper bag to an every day bag.

Few downsides that I see as it being a diaper bag - missing an insulated pocket and may be difficult to clean both interior and exterior.

But, if you get it and it ends up not being a functional diaper bag for you, I can see it being useful for tons of other purposes and it's pretty affordable.

Melaine
06-14-2011, 01:03 PM
I still want the waist purse that someone linked to awhile back, but I really like the big bag too. I would try it as a diaper bag.

kaitlyns.mom
06-14-2011, 05:31 PM
As far as a diaper bag, I love that you can use it as a shoulder bag and messenger bag. Also like the many pockets. It can transition very easily from being a diaper bag to an every day bag.

Few downsides that I see as it being a diaper bag - missing an insulated pocket and may be difficult to clean both interior and exterior.

But, if you get it and it ends up not being a functional diaper bag for you, I can see it being useful for tons of other purposes and it's pretty affordable.
Good points!

I still want the waist purse that someone linked to awhile back, but I really like the big bag too. I would try it as a diaper bag.
Oh I know, those waist purses are so cute. Very tempting if I am already placing an order...