PDA

View Full Version : Baby Jogger City Select with 2nd seat???

lks
06-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Hi All,
Looking for advice....

So I just went to Buy Buy Baby (it opened today in my city) with the intention of testing out the Phil&Teds and the Valco strollers. I was looking for "Jogger" type stroller that has the ability to add a toddler seat and I had not seen the City Select yet but the salespeople pointed me to it. I really just want a stroller with good big tires. I love my Bumbleride Flyer (2009) but the wheels are small and are not great on long walks.

Does anyone have BJ City Select? If so - Do you also have the 2nd toddler seat?

It looks awesome. You can use an infant seat with it as well. I just don't want to buy a new stroller this summer and then not be able to use it if/when we have a 2nd baby. SO - one of these strollers that adds a seat sounds great to me.

legaleagle
06-14-2011, 02:46 PM
There are a few fans around here but most people agree that it's kind of a beast to push, esp outside. Try searching for BJCS for more reviews.

abh5e8
06-16-2011, 10:07 PM
yeah...i would look at a P&T classic or sport...a MUCH nicer push, still with a good doubles option and air filled tires.

wendibird22
06-17-2011, 07:34 AM
I have a CS and I think I'm the only fan on these boards. It's not the greatest stroller ever but it meets our needs. I have a 4yo and 18mo and I take them and my 55lb dog for walks using the CS. Search for my thread where I posted pics of my girls with both seats facing in. We started using it when DD2 was about 5mo and never used the infant seat adaptor. The girls like to face each other but I'm finding that the easiest push is with both girls facing me and DD1 on the bottom and DD2 closest to me. It is heavy and depending on the configuration pretty long but again, it serves our needs when we need a double. The stroller usually lives in my Ody trunk with one seat attached (you can fold with 1 seat attached). We bought it when it first came out and the B-Ready wasn't out yet, so I have no comparison to the two (many seem to like the B-Ready). We look at the others that have a rumble seat and DD1 didn't like being low to the ground and not being able to see around the main seat.

ETA: Here's my thread with the pics: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=398464