PDA

View Full Version : will i regret line dry only quilts?

tiapam
06-14-2011, 06:22 PM
we are redecorating dd's room so i ordered two of these quilts:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/67196?feat=2-SR0

i am planning to have two twin beds, but they will not be bunk beds as this is an attic room so no headroom for that. so both quilts at kid level, so to speak. so only now did i notice that the quilts say line dry. i think it also says delicate wash. wdyt? will i regret having these? dd is not an overly messy kid, but most of the quilt is actually white. the reverse is not much to look at it, it is all white. of course she loves them so i am hoping you will tell me to just keep them and it will be fine...

also does anyone have one of these and is it holding up? also, the room is not painted yet as i always read you should choose the bedding first. i do have paint colors picked out now. does that sound like the proper order?

mnosky1
06-15-2011, 07:23 AM
My DD8 has had a bedspread from company kids and a (very old) handmade quilt on her bed for about 4 years. I don't know the washing instructions but I always hang bed linens to dry either way. My DDs bedspread has some stitched flowers like your quilt and some stitching has pulled a little so that would be my only concern. I wouldn't expect a quilt at this age to last forever - although ours has been 4 years and really looks good. Anyway, I wouldn't worry about the hang to dry.

SnuggleBuggles
06-15-2011, 07:27 AM
Seeing as how I ignore that recommendations and use the dryer, it wouldn;t bother me. ;)

Beth

elbenn
06-15-2011, 09:43 AM
I don't think it will be a problem at all.

hillview
06-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Seeing as how I ignore that recommendations and use the dryer, it wouldn;t bother me. ;)

Beth
:yeahthat:

We have a wet quilt every few months due to bed wetting (DS1 NOT DS2).

tiapam
06-15-2011, 11:38 PM
thanks for the feedback. i am kind of worried the stitching will come up, but i guess that could happen to any quilt. i don't even have a proper place to hang a quilt to dry right now, i will have to work on that.

traciann
06-15-2011, 11:59 PM
thanks for the feedback. i am kind of worried the stitching will come up, but i guess that could happen to any quilt. i don't even have a proper place to hang a quilt to dry right now, i will have to work on that.

When I hang dry my dd's sleeping bags, I just throw them over the shower curtain and it dries within 24 hours. Its a cute quilt at a great price...I would go for it.

tiapam
06-16-2011, 12:43 AM
When I hang dry my dd's sleeping bags, I just throw them over the shower curtain and it dries within 24 hours. Its a cute quilt at a great price...I would go for it.

oh i went for it before i even posted. :) i just have trouble committing, esp when we are painting the room too. after looking at PBK and Land of Nod I can see it is a great price! and if it does fall apart too soon, at least i know
LL Bean will take it back.

that is a good trick with the shower rod, that should work fine.

vonfirmath
06-16-2011, 10:03 AM

The last time I threw a wet quilt over the shower bar, the weight of the quilt brought the shower bar down!

tiapam
06-16-2011, 10:45 AM
The last time I threw a wet quilt over the shower bar, the weight of the quilt brought the shower bar down!

ours are screwed into the wall, so no danger of that, but thanks for the warning!