PDA

View Full Version : Lubricant while TTC?

BabyBearsMom
06-15-2011, 11:02 AM
I've seen lubricants that are supposed to be conception friendly and claim that they don't degrade sperm the way other lubricants do. Does anyone have any experience with them? DH and I use coconut oil because I prefer something natural and think the results are fabulous (seriously, if you are using anythign else, try this instead), but now I am wondering if this might be hindering our attempts at conceptions. Any advice?

waitingforgrace
06-15-2011, 11:38 AM
We used this one http://www.amazon.com/Pre-Tube-Vaginal-Lubricant-3-6oz/dp/B001DU228E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1308152170&sr=8-3

I did not know that lubricants could be a problem and when we were trying for DC1 it was six months before I made the connection. After switching to the one linked above we were pregnant with DD the second month.

FTMLuc
06-15-2011, 12:03 PM
My OB had recommended olive oil instead of commecial lubricants when TTCing.

robinsmommy
06-15-2011, 12:43 PM
I do think that this was an issue for us - it also took us 6 months+ (maybe 9 months?) the first time - 2nd time around, we weren't using anything for lube and whammo!

amldaley
06-15-2011, 08:31 PM
My OB had recommended olive oil instead of commecial lubricants when TTCing.

I don't know why but this makes me laugh - I can't stop giggling over this. :ROTFLMAO:

Penny's Pappa
06-15-2011, 08:51 PM
I don't know why but this makes me laugh - I can't stop giggling over this. :ROTFLMAO:

I wonder if it was "extra virgin" olive oil? :D

-----------
Sent from the aether using Tapatalk.

okinawama
06-15-2011, 10:02 PM
Pre seed is supposed to be "sperm friendly"

misshollygolightly
06-16-2011, 12:44 PM
We like (and have success with) Preseed ;) Used it both times we were TTC and it did seem to help. I believe I ordered it online...maybe through drugstore.com or Amazon?

♥ms.pacman♥
06-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Pre seed is supposed to be "sperm friendly"
:yeahthat:

i read so much about Pre-seed being good for this purpose. So i bought some online, but then never got to use it bc both times i got pg so quickly. I was kinda disappointed i never got to try it, LOL. So i can't speak to how well it works but i've heard lots of folks say it worked for them.

nrp
06-16-2011, 12:54 PM
I've also used Pre-Seed when conceiving DD1 and DD2, and we conceived both on the first month trying. DS was a surprise - can't remember if we were using any lube then. So, I don't know if the PS had anything to do with the two successful attempts or if DH and I just make a particularly fertile combo!

amldaley
06-17-2011, 08:20 PM

-----------
Sent from the aether using Tapatalk.

Cooking dinner will neve rbe the same now!

momm
06-17-2011, 08:33 PM

:rotflmao:

I like preseed