PDA

View Full Version : Bumbleride Flite on CL

ECUPirateMom
06-16-2011, 09:26 AM
I have never bought/sold a stroller on CL so I have no idea how the pricing goes...anyway, is $75 for a Bumbleride Flite (in seagrass nonetheless) a good deal? She said it is in excellent condition but I won't be able to look at it this afternoon. Anyway, I also wanted to know what things to look out for when buying a used stroller? Is there anything in particular I need to inspect or do?
My husband is going to KILL me since I just ordered a Mac Techno yesterday but this is the stroller I originally wanted to get (but wasn't able to test out in person) and it seems like divine intervention that it popped up on CL the same day I ordered my Mac!
As always, thanks so much for all your help! :)
Aimee

crl
06-16-2011, 09:49 AM
What year?

Catherine

ECUPirateMom
06-16-2011, 10:16 AM
She said the Manufacture date on the stroller is 07/08/10.

crl
06-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Sounds like a very good deal to me assuming it really is in excellent condition.

Catherine

legaleagle
06-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Sounds like a good deal to me too! I actually saw the flite with the bassinet a couple days ago and it is super cute. Though they had a black one, which kind of defeats the point of a bumbleride, IMO.

mom3boys
06-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Sounds like a great deal to me. New 2010s in Seagrass were $199 on albee a couple weeks ago (sold out I think).

As far as buying on CL just the fact that it is not very old is in its favor--I would just check that all the functional parts are fine--brakes, recline, wheels, etc. before walking away with it --and confirm the accessories come with--she should have a carseat adapter for example since that comes standard with the Flite.

As for cosmetic issues, if there is something obvious she did not disclose that cannot easily be fixed (fabric tear in the seat or something) you could talk down the price or not buy it but otherwise I would not quibble over a few scratches or scuffs since it is already a good price, and it is used after all.

ECUPirateMom
06-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the help ladies!! Now I just have to figure out how to spin this situation so my husband doesn't kill me for getting a Flite and a Mac techno xt in the same day! LOL :) :)