PDA

View Full Version : Travel bag for BJCM

BallerinaMommy
06-16-2011, 10:48 AM
I'll be flying with my BJCM and want to get a travel bag for it. Is the BJ one the best? Or will something else work? I've never flown with a stroller before so I'm a little clueless! Also, when going through security, do you have to collapse the stroller? Take off the wheels? Any travel tips would be great! Thanks!

jlynn32
06-16-2011, 12:15 PM
I'll be flying with my BJCM and want to get a travel bag for it. Is the BJ one the best? Or will something else work? I've never flown with a stroller before so I'm a little clueless! Also, when going through security, do you have to collapse the stroller? Take off the wheels? Any travel tips would be great! Thanks!

We flew with or BJCM in May and used the red gate check bag for double strollers. We got ours at BRU and it worked great. It is still in good condition and the stroller came through with flying colors. We collapsed the stroller and ran it through security both times by popping the wheels off. My DH said they were easy. But, we flew with the two of us, so that made it easier too. :) Good luck.

lingtm777
06-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Do I have to pop out all three wheels to go through security check at the airport? I just bought a BJCM, very nervous about traveling with my son alone. Is there any trick in going through the airport with ease? should i get a carrying bag or can I push it all the way to the gate?

poohbear
06-18-2011, 09:00 AM
I have the BJCM bag - I really like it. You do have to take the wheels off to put it in the bag, but I just do that at the gate - the stroller can go through security separately from the bag.
I'm sure the red gate check bag is fine as well. I just liked the BJCM bag because it's super sturdy and has a nice shoulder strap. My red gate check bag for my car seat and umbrella have gotten shredded over time... Plus I figured I can easily sell it for $20 when I'm done with it...

Swish
06-18-2011, 01:15 PM
I have the BJ travel bag as well. It's strong canvas and I feel it protects the stroller better. DS is taking his 15th flight this week, and the BJCM has gone on most of those with him with no issues. Given the amount we fly, it was worth the investment to us.

I have never had to pop the wheels off to go through security. The stroller didn't fit through the xray at one airport, and TSA just hand-checked it. DS is the last thing to come out of the stroller after everything else is on the xray belt and I've declared any baby food to the TSA agent. Once he's out, the stroller gets tossed on the belt.