PDA

View Full Version : I saw the BJCM compact pram...

legaleagle
06-16-2011, 10:59 AM
and it is TINY. Very cute and seems relatively easy to pop into the stroller (goes in the bumper bar holes) but it is really really small. I would be surprised if a baby over 12 lbs would really be comfy in there.

Multimama
06-16-2011, 11:18 AM
I saw it too. I thought it was cute. I agree it probably won't last long, but on the other hand, lots of babies actually like a smaller space rather than lots of room to move around. Makes them feel womby. :)

legaleagle
06-16-2011, 11:23 AM
I do sometimes forget that not everyone has giant, sweatbucket, swaddle-hating babies, LOL. I do think it would be nice to have for twins on the double since they tend to be smaller anyway.

Multimama
06-16-2011, 11:27 AM
The thing I didn't like about it was that the mattress didn't fit great and was kind of bumpy. But maybe that was just an issue with the floor model. It didn't seem they had put the care into assembly that an actual mom would. :)

My kid would wake up if he wasn't next to the wall, so even though he was ginormous I think he would have liked it. :)

crl
06-16-2011, 11:54 AM
I do sometimes forget that not everyone has giant, sweatbucket, swaddle-hating babies, LOL. I do think it would be nice to have for twins on the double since they tend to be smaller anyway.

I know the feeling. DD was big and hated to be swaddled. (Oh, and rolled over at 4 weeks, 4 days.) I'm always momentarily confused by the idea that babies like to be confined.

Catherine

♥ms.pacman♥
06-16-2011, 12:15 PM
I do sometimes forget that not everyone has giant, sweatbucket, swaddle-hating babies, LOL.

hehe, you are not alone, this is me too!! DS hated swaddling from day one pretty much, and by 1month weighed 11 lbs and was too big for most "new baby" things Even though being born in the dead of winter, he hated being bundled up whatsoever..he too was a major sweaty baby. Then DD came along and was a preemie and so i thought maybe she would be more like "normal" babies and not outgrow things so fast. Well, not so much. By 2mos she was huge, and soon after had to stop swaddling her. she outgrew the Uppababy Vista bassinet (which is pretty huge) at 3 mos (2mos adjusted age).

ETA: just saw a pic online of the BJCM carrycot. nice concept but that thing would have been useless for either of my babies. i think my preemie dd might have lasted 3 weeks in that thing, tops. i love how the description says it can last 4 or 5 mos. Ha.