PDA

View Full Version : Getting it all out at once

bekahjean
06-16-2011, 11:39 AM
I just need a moment to vent, so I'm going to put it all out there.

I found out we're about to move. We've been expecting it, but not this soon. We found out yesterday that we have to move cross country by August 20th.

Both of my best friends are moving too. They're going to be gone before me, and I already feel so alone.

DH is taking DSS on a week long roadtrip to the OshKosh Air Show 2 weeks before we move. It's been in the planning for close to a year, and I can't ask him to cancel it. I haven't asked him to, not once. He doesn't understand why I'm stress about having the movers come the day after he gets back home.

My baby fell of the bed yesterday. I had my hand on him, turned halfway to grab a wipe (still with one hand on him), and by the time I turned back, he was on the ground. Screaming.

We're not going to be able to sell our house. We're going to have to rent it out.

I drove over a curb this morning and jacked up my van. For some stupid reason, I turned the wheel while driving away from the ATM and now the van is broken. DH is going to be upset (understandably).

I was awake from 330 to 5 this morning, just laying in bed thinking about all the things that I have to get done.

I was already slightly depressed, and now I just feel like I want to cry about everything. All day long. I need a hug. :(

ETA: Forgot to add that the rental market where we're moving sucks at the moment, and we might not be able to get on base housing. I don't want to live in a condo with two kids and a dog!

hopeful_mama
06-16-2011, 11:55 AM
:grouphug: I hope things start to seem easier and more manageable soon, and wish you luck with finding good housing.

Would there maybe be a possibility of your DH coming back from his trip even one day early, perhaps starting it a day early too so he & DSS aren't missing out on any of that time together?

bekahjean
06-16-2011, 12:13 PM
I think we'll try to have the mover's come a little later instead of trying to rearrange the road trip. My mom offered to come down from NY to help me with the kids while we're getting all packed up and ready to go, then she'll drive with me to NJ. Having someone to help with the kids will be awesome.

hopeful_mama
06-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Oh those both sound really positive! Yeah if you can get the mover's to come later that does sound better than rearranging the road trip. And what an awesome mom to help you out and drive cross country with you!

Welcome to New Jersey! :wavey: Most of us aren't as bad as they make us out to be on tv!

liz
06-16-2011, 12:24 PM
:grouphug: It seems like everything hit the fan at once- you will get it all done, though. Sorry about the baby, I have BTDT :hug:.

Sounds like you need a big :54:.

bekahjean
06-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Oh those both sound really positive! Yeah if you can get the mover's to come later that does sound better than rearranging the road trip. And what an awesome mom to help you out and drive cross country with you!

Welcome to New Jersey! :wavey: Most of us aren't as bad as they make us out to be on tv!

We were in NJ before we came to MS. We loved it. We've been wanting to go back for the past 4 years. I swear, Rita's water ice would make all of this go away. :)

In good news, DH came home today for lunch. He hasn't done that once since we moved here. I think he knows that I'm about to lose my ****.

In bad news, we found out that the wait for housing is 6-9 months. Bummer. :(

lizzywednesday
06-16-2011, 01:27 PM
We were in NJ before we came to MS. We loved it. We've been wanting to go back for the past 4 years. I swear, Rita's water ice would make all of this go away. :)...

They also sell custard; I'm a big fan of their custard.

Sorry you're having such a stressful time - moving is never fun, but short notice makes it even crazier.